Selling computer board asking price

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberdan

For a couple years now I have been selling most of my boards to Boardsort. I wish he was paying a little more because it cost me around $1.40 a pound to ship and I go as close to 50 pound cartons as I can. I am on the west coast. I am thinking of offering them here but would still like to get better than Boardsort. I know they are just a middleman with the refineries. I just shipped two 49# cartons and it cost almost $68 each to ship. I still have about 100 pounds of boards.

So my question is, if you paid boardsort prices would you feel you got a fantastic price? If I asked 25% above their price would you still feel you got a good price? Those of you on the west coast would save on shipping too.

By using buyers such as Boardsort, I can turn over boards rather quickly, investing very little time.

For some, time has value. For others, not so much. When I was tearing down a lot of towers and desktops every month, anything I did not want to process was divided into two general categories: high value and low value. High value was sent to buyers like Boardsorr. Low value was taken to a local scrapyard.

I have never had an issue with the business plan of board buyers. They fill an important niche in the recycling industry.

Time for more coffee.

For a couple years now I have been selling most of my boards to Boardsort. I wish he was paying a little more because it cost me around $1.40 a pound to ship and I go as close to 50 pound cartons as I can. I am on the west coast. I am thinking of offering them here but would still like to get better than Boardsort. I know they are just a middleman with the refineries. I just shipped two 49# cartons and it cost almost $68 each to ship. I still have about 100 pounds of boards.

So my question is, if you paid boardsort prices would you feel you got a fantastic price? If I asked 25% above their price would you still feel you got a good price? Those of you on the west coast would save on shipping too.
Personally I would not pay anything above boardsort prices i actually buy boards for less than they do. I live in the south east myself, the businesses and other scrappers I deal with Hate the shipping fees for selling to online buyers. its why I stopped selling to boardsort and started buying boards and studying to start refining myself.

I get away with it because half of them aren't knowledgeable enough about escrap to know the value and would probably just take whatever I offer, a few just dumpstered everything before Our dealings. The ones who are knowledgeable still sell to me because I pay about the same as boardsort does after shipping is subtracted plus I pay cash same day and do pickups.

Personally I would not pay anything above boardsort prices i actually buy boards for less than they do. I live in the south east myself, the businesses and other scrappers I deal with Hate the shipping fees for selling to online buyers. its why I stopped selling to boardsort and started buying boards and studying to start refining myself.

I get away with it because half of them aren't knowledgeable enough about escrap to know the value and would probably just take whatever I offer, a few just dumpstered everything before Our dealings. The ones who are knowledgeable still sell to me because I pay about the same as boardsort does after shipping is subtracted plus I pay cash same day and do pickups.
Well I do know what the boards are worth. I use boardsort as a guide to wholesale prices. I always try to get more than their prices, not a lot though. Those guys that I sell to also know what the boards are worth. I just sold about 50 pounds of colored motherboards right at boardshort's price, but the customer paid shipping. So we both had a win/win deal.

Well I do know what the boards are worth. I use boardsort as a guide to wholesale prices. I always try to get more than their prices, not a lot though. Those guys that I sell to also know what the boards are worth. I just sold about 50 pounds of colored motherboards right at boardshort's price, but the customer paid shipping. So we both had a win/win deal.
I just wanted to bring my process up because im sure im not the only one doing something similar to dodge shipping fees and minimize expenses figured its something to consider. That's a good deal on those colored boards I love a win win.

Unrelated but on that note I managed to flip 3 untested power Mac G3s for $200 today when I originally had them listed for $150. The buyer offered to come by and test them if I agreed to take $100 if they didn't boot And he'd give me an extra $50 for each one that booted. I couldn't be happier.

Last edited:

So my question is, if you paid boardsort prices would you feel you got a fantastic price? If I asked 25% above their price would you still feel you got a good price? Those of you on the westoast would save on shipping too.
"I am on the west coast" So am I. I seriously wonder what happened to the CalRecycle program? No one seems interested anymore . . . pity for us on Earth.

Have you any experience with Tri Valley Recycling in Stockon, CA?

https://www.trivalleyrecycling.com/price-list/

Peace and health,
James

Never heard of calrecycle. If it had the word "Cal" in it most likely it was Cali sponsored and paid very little.

I do take all my TVs to the transfer station for free.

tri valley has ridiculous prices. I get my best copper/brass prices in las vegas. Of course I have to ship. The closest scrap yard to me is a 2 hour drive and they pay .41¢ lb for junk insulated tri valley pays 25¢

Where do you take your stripped copper wire? A few months ago I got $3.30 lb for bare bright. I am just south of Oregon almost on the water.

Latest posts

Back