• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Selling gold specimens

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m using my phone to read this. 3rd time in the last couple of days that I’ve written a considerable couple of paragraphs and then watched them disappear. Bummer.
My phone, and it's the biggest iPhone, is great for reading but not so good for posting anything but simple responses. Too easy to hit the wrong spot on the screen and lose it all.

My phone, and it's the biggest iPhone, is great for reading but not so good for posting anything but simple responses. Too easy to hit the wrong spot on the screen and lose it all.
Mine is is the iPhone Pro Max. Not exactly little. I use it to chat and txt all the time. But this app keeps dumping what I write. It just did it a minute ago after I wrote about 2 paragraphs. I hate to say it but I just don’t care enough to type it twice.

Nothing you have shown us so far has much indications of Gold,
still you have already made up your mind and the conclusions are clear.

You started this thread claiming to have specimens which you do not have, only rocks.

We don't know you or your abilities or lack there of, so you need to convince us not the other way around.
Have you now read the threads we recommended you to read?
I suppose you are correct after re-reading my post, actuality though I was asking what specimens even are and how they classify, price, sell as such, though I digress I did indeed suspect those were specimen worthy, I'll trust your word they are not, especially after reading what you stated and looking deeper closer at images posted online and specimens do indeed seem to have much more visible gold, a very noticeable splash of gold at minimum so thank you for that education. I still need an assay, but I'm focusing on smelting as taking a gold bar to sell at a pawn shop, I know the owner, he has a device he will hook up and run electric current through the bar to verify before he purchases, so I'm going trial by my own fire, and a big blue flame it is! I have not made up my mind as you believe me to have, I HIGHLY SUSPECT and THINK I have gold, but I'm not betting my life on it just yet, hence all my questions.IMG_FC2DFFD2F593-1.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3E7C6C1CF6BC-1.jpeg
    IMG_3E7C6C1CF6BC-1.jpeg
    504.9 KB · Views: 0
You are timing out on the server, being a free member you are allotted X amount of minutes to write and post a reply. You can always cheat the system by working up a lengthy response in your normal text message app, pick any person, just don't hit send. then copy and paste it here.

Mine is is the iPhone Pro Max. Not exactly little. I use it to chat and txt all the time. But this app keeps dumping what I write. It just did it a minute ago after I wrote about 2 paragraphs. I hate to say it but I just don’t care enough to type it twice.
see my response to 4 metals, though he's a mod I see so I digress, appears even paying members are allotted X amount of minutes as well.

When I have a lengthy reply to a question I much prefer to use a laptop and type it up in word and just copy and paste it into a thread. I have never heard whether or not a reply times out with the new software, and I have never heard that as a moderator, I have a longer period of time to post. Personally I doubt it. There are options in the posting sections to save a long post as a draft but I have rarely used that function.

I also do not know if supporting members get extra minutes or not, I pay to be a supporting member because I believe this forum is a good cause. I have been lucky enough to have made a good life for myself by refining and consulting about refining. And now I am at the point in my life where i can give back for my good fortune. It is enjoyable to help someone who is engaged in the profession and rewarding when they benefit from it. It is surprising to realize how many come here with good questions and just disappear when a good informative thread is being generated. I guess they figure for free it cannot be any good. There is a lot of excellent refining knowledge given away here for free, no strings attached, too bad more people don't realize that.

I'll step down from the soapbox now!

You are timing out on the server, being a free member you are allotted X amount of minutes to write and post a reply. You can always cheat the system by working up a lengthy response in your normal text message app, pick any person, just don't hit send. then copy and paste it here.
Plain wrong, there is not a time setting for this.

I do most of mine on an iPhone 13 Max as well and server timing out isn’t an issues for me. Now the fat fingers hitting the wrong buttons is a real issue at times.

It is enjoyable to help someone who is engaged in the profession and rewarding when they benefit from it. It is surprising to realize how many come here with good questions and just disappear when a good informative thread is being generated. I guess they figure for free it cannot be any good. There is a lot of excellent refining knowledge given away here for free, no strings attached, too bad more people don't realize that.

Now that is a soapbox message I don’t mind reading. 👍

I don’t really know what is happening. They weren’t even especially long comments. Just all at once the screen jumps to some random point in the thread and whatever I was trying is gone. Kinda weird.

I don’t really know what is happening. They weren’t even especially long comments. Just all at once the screen jumps to some random point in the thread and whatever I was trying is gone. Kinda weird.
I have found that the sensitivity on my phones screen causes the jumping issue, especially when I am in a hurry and I get too close to it by accident. I have even caused it to jump at times by just waving a finger near it without actually touching it to finally come to that conclusion.

I have found that the sensitivity on my phones screen causes the jumping issue, especially when I am in a hurry and I get too close to it by accident. I have even caused it to jump at times by just waving a finger near it without actually touching it to finally come to that conclusion.
I might think that possible if any other app behaved like this. But nothing else has given me any problem at all.

Plain wrong, there is not a time setting for this.
Hmmmmm, as this very same thing they mention happens to me if I take too long typing a comment, could swear I red somewhere on here that one of the perks a membership holder enjoys is more time allowed to prepare and post comments, though perhaps I'm wrong I do confess and I do not have time to go searching for that statement this moment.

I took the MORE TIME FOR SELF EDITING to be the server time out
That means you have more time to edit your existing posts without asking a moderator to do it for you.
I'm not entirely sure but the current setting is 2 or 3 days I believe.

Back