• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale Selling Platinum chloride 1.57 oz troy crystals

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello friends, I haven't posted here in years but I am cleaning out a building I own that for 55 years I leased to a big precious metals smelter and refining business. *They did only wholesale to the trade - customers like other refiners and smelters and big clients like Boeing, Honeywell, Spirit, Lear Jet, etc.

They closed up shop in 2006 when one of the partners died but they left behind 18,000+sf of smelting and refining equipment, supplies and truckloads of 'mystery' stuff in unlabeled barrels, buckets and boxes, stacked everywhere. I will be selling off everything that has any value as soon as I get it cleaned up. There are many pieces of equipment such as huge hydraulic/electric tip & pour natural gas crucible blast furnaces and a hundred big grinders, shredders, fume scrubbers, pumps, tanks, etc., etc. *They used to process many 1000s of ounces of pure gold, out of industrial waste material every month!!!

Anyway, I just started the process of sorting through this stuff and I was surprised to find containers with precious metals in pure form!!! I assumed that all the good stuff was long gone but I'm finding treasures everywhere. I will be posting a LOT of stuff in the next six months.

TODAY I found a bag containing 1.57 oz troy of pure platinum in chloride crystals just sitting in a drawer out in the shop! It was probably worth a lot more years ago, but I'm glad they left it behind. *These crystals test out at 99%+ on my XRF gun.

I'm looking for a cash offer from a reputable buyer. I'm not expecting to get full market price but, of course, I'd like to get as much as I can. make me an offer. *I will agree to a 3 day 100% money-back guarantee / approval on your end but I'm not sending it out without being paid first through Paypal, to protect you.

Happy to provide you my contact info but I didn't know if it was allowed to be posted here. If I am violating any rules of this forum please let me know and I'll change this post.

Thanks!
Dennis in Wichita KS 67214

Attachments

• IMG_9546.JPG
    IMG_9546.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
It’s good to hear from you and I hope your post sparks the interest of the professionals that lurk on the forum as even the equipment might well be of interest to them, pictures are always better than descriptions, a photo of your powder and a photo of the xrf results would be good.

Hello friends, I haven't posted here in years but I am cleaning out a building I own that for 55 years I leased to a big precious metals smelter and refining business. *They did only wholesale to the trade - customers like other refiners and smelters and big clients like Boeing, Honeywell, Spirit, Lear Jet, etc.

They closed up shop in 2006 when one of the partners died but they left behind 18,000+sf of smelting and refining equipment, supplies and truckloads of 'mystery' stuff in unlabeled barrels, buckets and boxes, stacked everywhere. I will be selling off everything that has any value as soon as I get it cleaned up. There are many pieces of equipment such as huge hydraulic/electric tip & pour natural gas crucible blast furnaces and a hundred big grinders, shredders, fume scrubbers, pumps, tanks, etc., etc. *They used to process many 1000s of ounces of pure gold, out of industrial waste material every month!!!

Anyway, I just started the process of sorting through this stuff and I was surprised to find containers with precious metals in pure form!!! I assumed that all the good stuff was long gone but I'm finding treasures everywhere. I will be posting a LOT of stuff in the next six months.

TODAY I found a bag containing 1.57 oz troy of pure platinum in chloride crystals just sitting in a drawer out in the shop! It was probably worth a lot more years ago, but I'm glad they left it behind. *These crystals test out at 99%+ on my XRF gun.

I'm looking for a cash offer from a reputable buyer. I'm not expecting to get full market price but, of course, I'd like to get as much as I can. make me an offer. *I will agree to a 3 day 100% money-back guarantee / approval on your end but I'm not sending it out without being paid first through Paypal, to protect you.

Happy to provide you my contact info but I didn't know if it was allowed to be posted here. If I am violating any rules of this forum please let me know and I'll change this post.

Thanks!
Dennis in Wichita KS 67214
Hey Dennis,

Those crystals actually look (if it said Pt on the gun) more like K2PtCl4 or even Na2PtCl6. Just remember, your XRF handheld isn't going to see potassium but it does make up a good bit of the weight but not the value!

Is this one of those "come out and look around situations" like it was when Elemetal closed down in Southern Ohio?

Who was the company?

Hey Dennis,

Those crystals actually look (if it said Pt on the gun) more like K2PtCl4 or even Na2PtCl6. Just remember, your XRF handheld isn't going to see potassium but it does make up a good bit of the weight but not the value!

Is this one of those "come out and look around situations" like it was when Elemetal closed down in Southern Ohio?

Who was the company?
Hi Lou, yes, I understand the potassium issue. just looking for an offer.
The company was CCR, inc. The company started in 1955 and I bought it in 1974 - then sold my interest to my partner in 1979 but I retained ownership of the building. They closed up shop in 2006 when he passed away.

I want to clean up and refurbish all the equipment before I try to market anything but I'm finding all kinds of materials that appear to have PM values, but maybe not enough to merit processing them at the time. So far I have found more than 120 unopened catalytic converters and roughly 22 five-gallon buckets of silver watch batteries that I'll refine myself but there are many hundred of barrels, boxes, buckets, etc., that may have, at one time, had labels on them but no longer do - so maybe there's some that are good?

The largest gas crucible furnace is a Baker 430 (about 20 gallon size crucible) and the smallest ones (6 of these) hold #16 crucibles. All 18 furnaces are tip & pour with the controls set 25' away from the furnace. There are hundred of old, used crucibles and most I can see mini-BBs of gold in the slag covered bottoms.

There is a HUGE incinerator that was used for nothing but jeweler's polishing machine dust. They kept this incinerator going night and day for 30+ years, burning many, many hundred of pounds of dust every day - so rather that moving it I plan on completely destroying it and running it all through a metal/non-metal water separating sluice on the hunch there may be some PMs that escaped the burning chamber and found their way down into the cracks of the high temp material in the 10" thick walls. Maybe I'll end up with nothing for my trouble but I doubt anyone would pay the freight on this 50,000+ lb monster even if I gave it to them. lol

They were processing Jeweler's waste materials in gigantic volume for at least a dozen 'refiners' around the country who didn't process anything themselves except karat gold jewelry. I know that after I sold out they bought a big 'rolling mill style' machine they used to open nothing but watch batteries! I guess that was a big part of their business.

My understanding is, that after I left they aggressively went after the types of low grade, or difficult to process materials that few other refiners wanted to 'fool with' at the time - like CATs, polishing dust, sink and air filters, mop bucket sludge, watch batteries, gold plated and GF, watch bands, circuit boards, and other 'low-yield' materials.

I know they used to get 10s of 1000s of pounds of old GF eyeglasses from the Shriners organization every single month, for decades. In the 70s and 80s you couldn't walk into a retail store in the US without seeing a box by the front door with signage asking the public to donate their old eyeglasses 'to help poor people with bad eyesight in impoverished countries'. *I wonder if even one single pair ever really made it to anyone who needed them?

I also suspect there is a lot of old PD contact points from telephone equipment that they never processed when PD so cheap it was hardly worth the time. I hope to find buckets of those!

There are 20+ grinders they used to process whole circuit boards into a fine dust before processing. I guess Boeing and Honeywell send them semi-truck loads of military grade boards every month so even though gold was $200-$300 oz, it was still rewarding. Even though I'm an old man now, I feel like a kid in a candy store on a treasure hunt. lol

So it is really difficult to say what these mystery buckets of materials hold at this time but I plan on wholesaling most of it to others. I plan on just processing the easy / valuable stuff myself.

Sorry to have written a book here but as you may have already figured, I'm pretty excited about going through all of this.

Dennis

Hi Lou, yes, I understand the potassium issue. just looking for an offer.
The company was CCR, inc. The company started in 1955 and I bought it in 1974 - then sold my interest to my partner in 1979 but I retained ownership of the building. They closed up shop in 2006 when he passed away.

I want to clean up and refurbish all the equipment before I try to market anything but I'm finding all kinds of materials that appear to have PM values, but maybe not enough to merit processing them at the time. So far I have found more than 120 unopened catalytic converters and roughly 22 five-gallon buckets of silver watch batteries that I'll refine myself but there are many hundred of barrels, boxes, buckets, etc., that may have, at one time, had labels on them but no longer do - so maybe there's some that are good?

The largest gas crucible furnace is a Baker 430 (about 20 gallon size crucible) and the smallest ones (6 of these) hold #16 crucibles. All 18 furnaces are tip & pour with the controls set 25' away from the furnace. There are hundred of old, used crucibles and most I can see mini-BBs of gold in the slag covered bottoms.

There is a HUGE incinerator that was used for nothing but jeweler's polishing machine dust. They kept this incinerator going night and day for 30+ years, burning many, many hundred of pounds of dust every day - so rather that moving it I plan on completely destroying it and running it all through a metal/non-metal water separating sluice on the hunch there may be some PMs that escaped the burning chamber and found their way down into the cracks of the high temp material in the 10" thick walls. Maybe I'll end up with nothing for my trouble but I doubt anyone would pay the freight on this 50,000+ lb monster even if I gave it to them. lol

They were processing Jeweler's waste materials in gigantic volume for at least a dozen 'refiners' around the country who didn't process anything themselves except karat gold jewelry. I know that after I sold out they bought a big 'rolling mill style' machine they used to open nothing but watch batteries! I guess that was a big part of their business.

My understanding is, that after I left they aggressively went after the types of low grade, or difficult to process materials that few other refiners wanted to 'fool with' at the time - like CATs, polishing dust, sink and air filters, mop bucket sludge, watch batteries, gold plated and GF, watch bands, circuit boards, and other 'low-yield' materials.

I know they used to get 10s of 1000s of pounds of old GF eyeglasses from the Shriners organization every single month, for decades. In the 70s and 80s you couldn't walk into a retail store in the US without seeing a box by the front door with signage asking the public to donate their old eyeglasses 'to help poor people with bad eyesight in impoverished countries'. *I wonder if even one single pair ever really made it to anyone who needed them?

I also suspect there is a lot of old PD contact points from telephone equipment that they never processed when PD so cheap it was hardly worth the time. I hope to find buckets of those!

There are 20+ grinders they used to process whole circuit boards into a fine dust before processing. I guess Boeing and Honeywell send them semi-truck loads of military grade boards every month so even though gold was $200-$300 oz, it was still rewarding. Even though I'm an old man now, I feel like a kid in a candy store on a treasure hunt. lol

So it is really difficult to say what these mystery buckets of materials hold at this time but I plan on wholesaling most of it to others. I plan on just processing the easy / valuable stuff myself.

Sorry to have written a book here but as you may have already figured, I'm pretty excited about going through all of this.

Dennis
That sounds like a museum and a refiners candy store all in one! I bet many of our members would love to spend a day there.

Back