Silver chloride

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Youreeka

I have saved all my silver chloride from ,"straight to AR ,"recovery. I have taken pics as to why not dissolving base metals is a horrible idea.To date I have recovered and refined 78g of gold that was encapsulated in AgCl. As well I want to apologize to any one I offended a few years ago with some rude comments before I deleted my profile. If the admin see fit to not let me be a part of the GRF so be it

How many ounces of gold did you refine to accumulate that quantity of chloride encrusted insolubles? Because the silver content of alloys can vary so much, it is difficult to go straight into AR as you have learned. Sometimes it works out because the silver is low and it can lead to bad habits. It's human nature to realize that it worked last time why not this time. But sooner or later you get that high silver totally encrusted mess. That is why inquartation is a sure fire way to get it right in one try.

Welcome back to the forum, as long as you can participate and benefit from conversations here you are more than welcome back.

Latest posts

Back