Silver Nitrate Electrolyte Question

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One way to do it is to monitor what you are putting into your cell. If you are running sterling silver you know it is close to 7.5% copper so if you put in 1000g of sterling you will have close to 75g of copper in solution by the end of that run.

Establishing the actual limit that the cell will tolerate before fouling is a little bit down to trial and error but im not aware of an easy way to 'test' the concentration of metals in the electrolyte without expensive lab machinery so you are really limited to monitoring what you put in or gauging by colour or the appearance of end products.

I posted it on this thread because it was discusing information fo beginners. Sorry it I used the wrong thread. Where did you move it to? I am new at this and really don't know what is right or not in posting anything.
I moved it here since here is where you started your postings.
And here are the rules and other things you should study.

We ask our new members to do 3 things.
1. Read C.M. Hokes book on refining jewelers scrap, it gives an easy introduction to the most important chemistry regarding refining.
It is free here on the forum: Screen Readable Copy of Hoke's Book
2. Then read the safety section of the forum: Safety
3. And then read about "Dealing with waste" in the forum: Dealing with Waste

Suggested reading: The Library

https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/gold-refining-forum-rules.31182/

Back