Small test of solution and appears blue color dmg drop

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam mizer

Supporting Member
I'm not very good with possible PGM's but my stannous test showed some color so I made a test and put DMG in and the drop appears blue.
Maybe this is a different metal dropping but I have not found anything that suggest blue drop.
Has anybody seen this?
I saw on another reply somewhere possibly not acidic enough and some other possible hydroxide crystals dropping.
I did have crystals in my mother solution.

Attachments

• 20240526_135641.jpg
    20240526_135641.jpg
    975.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240526_135826.jpg
    20240526_135826.jpg
    731.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I'm not very good with possible PGM's but my stannous test showed some color so I made a test and put DMG in and the drop appears blue.
Maybe this is a different metal dropping but I have not found anything that suggest blue drop.
Has anybody seen this?
I saw on another reply somewhere possibly not acidic enough and some other possible hydroxide crystals dropping.
Where did it come from?
The color of Pd drops from DMG is usually Yellow/Orangeish.
And it is so fluffy it floats.

What was your pH, and how did you make the DMG solution?

Has anybody seen this?
And get some gloves on your hands , even more important if you suspect PGM salts!!!

The solution was a residual 200 gram of small lot dental fabrication powders, processed for gold then liquid evaporated down and sat for a couple months or so.
Had tiny amount of color after test, so I shelfed it for a later go. Also had a small amount of crytals on bottom, but I tested it anyways.
Had a couple solutions left over to test.
This one was tested and sat for a while before I looked at it and took that picture, thats why you see no gloves. Sorry about that.
Blue was interesting, something different.
Started searching around when I was making the post and only thing I found was possibly not enough acid and maybe too much nitrate could cause this.
Was trying to sort out some wastes, should have just put this in a waste stock pot bucket.
Also just tested another fresh solution and got a small amount of yellow dmg, but this one was odd.
I just put small amounts dmg powder directly into these suspect waste solutions. Works well.
And cleaned up yet one more left over and dropped all metal out.
I was just trying to clean up some small waste solutions.

Attachments

• 20240511_173805.jpg
    20240511_173805.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back