Smaller than 5 gallons of nitric acid?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watcher6880

Anyone have an idea where I can order less than a five gallon (1 liter if possible; something to safely pour from) container/bottle of AR grade nitric acid without having to be a business or laboratory? Any links would be helpful. Someone mentioned a site a while back called refiningchemicals.com or something... I cannot locate the post and have a sneaking suspicion that it was one of my older posts lol. :oops:

Hello:

Here is a pint for sale on Ebay - but they want $50 with free shipping:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nitric-Acid-70-1-Pint-Clean-Room-Grade-Reagent-Gold-Recovery-Aqua-Regia-/120847165392?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c230d67d0

You can also try:

http://www.bcscientific.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=285000ACSCSLT&Category_Code=NITRIC-ACID

kadriver

I think they have an 800 number, you can call and ask them, plus get all the shipping details - hope this is helpful. edit spelling

kadriver

watcher6880 said:
But wouldn't you need to be a laboratory or business to obtain chemicals from bcscientific?
I've bought nitric acid from them twice. One time it was for (2) 2.5L bottles and another time it was for a 15 gallon drum. They are great to work with, but they are very close to me. It is worth the call.

For nitric and most other chemicals this company is hard to beat.
John Bull Chemicals
8141 E 46th St Tulsa, OK 74145-4801
(918) 663-7727
He will sell by the pint and up or the ounce and up.
Mark

seawolf are you from Tulsa? I lived in Tulsa but am now living just north of Miami, Oklahoma so it might be better if I just went down and picked it up, would you think it might be too much of a hastle or should i just deal with all of the hazmat stuff?

trust me. any time you can pick up, it will save you a bundle.get the shipping rates and then add up milage and see if the round trip in fuel will be less.

Yes it is http://www.refiningchemicals.com they are located in kansas city Mo. There phone #### is 1-816-561-5377
Real nice people there ,,, Please tell them that you are part of GRF and they will work with you ..

hope this helps

Happy to report that I did find Nitric Acid on Amazon.com in the form of four 2 liter glass bottles. All together it came to 8 liters. With shipping through Fed-Ex I paid $212. I'm assuming they inserted the Haz-mat fee somewhere in there lol :|

I got a 15 gallon barrel of tech grade for under $100.00 here in TN. I thought that was a fair price and they furnished the stainless barrel too.
Ken

watcher6880 said:
Happy to report that I did find Nitric Acid on Amazon.com in the form of four 2 liter glass bottles. All together it came to 8 liters. With shipping through Fed-Ex I paid $212. I'm assuming they inserted the Haz-mat fee somewhere in there lol :|

At $100+/gallon, I think you've set the record of paying the highest price for nitric ever paid by a forum member. Congratulations!

goldsilverpro said:
watcher6880 said:

At $100+/gallon, I think you've set the record of paying the highest price for nitric ever paid by a forum member. Congratulations!

Actually I just payed 85$ for a 500ml bottle of nitric just to do some tests before I get large amounts. Iv found a place were I live that sells 20 gal for 150$ just don't know how I'm going to get it out of the keg safely.

buckdec said:
goldsilverpro said:
watcher6880 said:

Actually I just payed 85$ for a 500ml bottle of nitric just to do some tests before I get large amounts. Iv found a place were I live that sells 20 gal for 150$ just don't know how I'm going to get it out of the keg safely.

You can use a hand siphon pump http://tinyurl.com/6wmhh3b

Also the plus side to my order was that it came in 4 easy to use 2 liter glass bottles which is much safer to handle than attempting to lug a five gallon bucket into a 250 ml beaker. And if you think about it GSP, if you don't already have a siphon that is safe to use with hazardous materials then there's an extra added expense right there. So I think what I ordered is pretty fit for what I am working with. Not saying that I won't go to larger economic quantities, but right now this will do. 8)

Latest posts

Back