SMB as a reducing agent.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

youngleo

Why is SMB used as a reducing agent for Auric Chloride (isn't it actually Chloroauric acid)? Why wouldn't we use another chemical that is cheaper? Is SMB more effective for some reason?

Also, does anybody know the chemical equation on this reaction between Chloroauric acid and SMB?

Here's a post for common gold reactions:

Gold reactions

I found this by searching for 'SO2 reaction pudding' at:

http://goldrecovery.us/forum_search.php

Pudding was included to narrow the search to only my posts as this word is in my signature line and hence all of my posts.

Steve

Pudding? Heck Steve, that's almost cheating.

It is a good technical tip for the rest of us that may have not been so sharp.

Yes, I see the SO2 gas posts now. It makes sense. Thanks for your help guys. It is very appreciated. Maybe after a few months on this forum I could try my hand at this. I just want to develop an understanding of the dangers and benefits before doing anything.

youngleo said:
I just want to develop an understanding of the dangers and benefits before doing anything.

Wise indeed, I wish more took this approach. Even as a hobby it is a fun thing to do, but due diligence must be done if you wish to stay healthy as in one piece.

Latest posts

Back