So close ….

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I’m Having trouble getting rid of the Tin.,Iron and Cd.
Kinda of a drag will the Cd be a problem if I use it for jewelry making ?
I really do not know.
As Cadmium is very toxic and I do not know how it is with regards to uptake through the skin.
Malleability wise it is easy to assess, just snip off a piece and start pounding it with a hammer as you would by forming it to jewelry.

A short google study, indicates it is safe in low concentrations.

Amazing but true cadmium is used in some jewelry solder formulations. It is a toxic metal but I do not know at what concentrations it becomes an issue.
I do know some jewelry manufacturers who also import from China and
I set them up to measure certain elements that would cause the lot to be rejected. One of those metals they checked for was cadmium.

Can I remove it by rerunning through a cell. I believe the containments came from so called stainless steel wire ties I used as a cathode in a 2L flask.
Back to the drawing board .
Venturi for fume hood yet to be built as well .

You nailed it . I was was trying to just use a straight edge to grow the crystals on and thought the wire ties would be a perfect application/ use . I like looking at the crystals grow , but looks like it’s time to use the stainless steel bowl. Lesson learned

Latest posts

Back