Soda ash

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeneje

I need some advice on what to use for my scrubber solution...I have a 100 gallon tank outside that my scrubber draws from. I wanted to use soda ash and manitain a ph of 6 to 8 , will this work for scrubbing.If not what would work?

Thanks
Ken

Most acid scrubbers - and I assume you are scrubbing acids - use sodium hydroxide and try to maintain a pH >12, usually a concentration of >8% NaOH is recommended. Some scrubbers also use sodium sulfide.

I have not run across anyone using soda ash, I think maybe because the pH of a soda ash solution is too low.

Westerngs said:
Most acid scrubbers - and I assume you are scrubbing acids - use sodium hydroxide and try to maintain a pH >12, usually a concentration of >8% NaOH is recommended. Some scrubbers also use sodium sulfide.

I have not run across anyone using soda ash, I think maybe because the pH of a soda ash solution is too low.
Thanks for your responce Westerngs, I will use NaOH
Ken

I'm a cheap skate, I use limestone gravel mixed with lime water and soda ash. The limestone renews the soda's strength.
I sieve off the small rocks to leave the stones with plenty of porosity lest they harden like cement. The limestone makes up 99% of the alkali. The end product is calcium chloride, great for de-icing and keeping the EPA off my back. :lol: Dr. Poe

Latest posts

Back