Sodium cyanide

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I assume you know what you're doing. Try here:

http://www.jewelerstoystore.com/product_p/c263.htm

Good luck.Andy

You can purchase "Sodium cyanide" @ chemical-supermarket.com

Sodium Cyanide, 200 grams #016-613
Printable
Price:$68.64
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gasp! That's $155.68 per pound----about what I paid for a 100 pound keg.

Harold

Readers---please note that I inadvertently hit the wrong button, editing this post instead of quoting and adding my comments. I have forwarded an apology and requested that the deleted material be reposted. I'm sorry for the inconvenience I may have caused anyone.

Harold

FWIW, I ordered from these guys: http://www.jewelerstoystore.com/product_p/c263.htm

Here's my cost/timeline:

Ordered May 2, 2X5lbs@$59.00USD=$118
1 Hazardous Set-up fee=$30.00
Shipping/Handling $42.46
Received May 19 for a total of $190.46 or $19.05 per pound at my doorstep. It took 17 days to get it, probably b/c of the hazmat nature of the package, so figure that into your schedule. If anyone can beat that price on small amounts, please post here.Thx and good luck.Andy

So can anyone buy it on line ?

I built a shop licensed to use 100 pounds of Sodium Cyanide, gee did i have to educate a bunch of regulatory people and set a new standard for shops of it's type.

They had to close others when i got permitted.

Just have to say, the same thought always went through my mind, no mistakes, no slacking, aplogies not acceptable

Yes, the solution must remain basic, that's why you test ph. I did engineering in my undergrad. I get it. Thank you. Still looking for a source in the US. Or Peru/Bolivia for that mater. Thx again Andy
Chinese suppliers, you can find out

Oddly enough, it is one of those chemicals you can buy legally, without any special licensing. However, to use it legally will be a whole other matter. It is like a bunch of certain chemicals we use regularly in our business. But when easily and readily combined with other chemicals, it changes the whole "intent" of the use, to another level. Ask me how I know. If those criteria are not met by the regulators guide lines, you will not only get a black eye, but you will give further reasons for the regulators to become more restrictive, giving legitimate users more paper work to fill out, and a closer policing of the industry in general.
As usual, small lots are considerably more costly, than large lots, as was described in the Nitric acid cost variation thread.

Latest posts

Back