Sodium Nitrate clip

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The youtube video below explains how to make pure sodium nitrate by mixing ammonium nitrate pellets from a coldpack, with sodium hydroxide (lye) and water.
If im not mistaken, after i completed that process i could mix the "pure" sodium nitrate crystals with hcl to make a small ammount of poormans AR, correct? :|

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQJhf_24-QM&annotation_id=annotation_288723&feature=iv

This is both highly dangerous and extremely stupid.THe methods described in that video have no place on youtube.He just taught every red blood kid how to make a flare!The methods listed here have been refined and used countless times by me and dozens of others on the forum and are about as effective and safe as they can be(all things considered).The cubic meters of ammonium gas that person created is almost instantaneous and unimaginable.If you hurting for the appropriate chemicals there are other ways to obtain them,but I would will not put my seal of approval on this persons methods to arrive at a final product.
Johnny

Back