sodium nitrate

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johncrocker

I'm looking to make the poor man's ar, but I'm not sure what product name it is sold under or what stores in Texas sale it. I would appreciate if somebody could lead me in the correct direction??? I understand it is used in food curing, but what are the other applications and product names and strengths needed??? I've searched the internet with no luck. Not wishing to order offline, because I wish for a local source, so I don't have to depend on mailman. Any and all help would be appreciated.
thanks
John crocker
Houston Texas

Potassium nitrate sold as stump remover, or sodium nitrate sold as fertilizer. check feed stores and hardware stores, ace, and others, sodium nitrate fertilizer can be ordered from companies that sell fertilizer and seeds.
Like:
http://www.maconfeedandseed.com/product_info.php/products_id/103

Note: sodium pyrosulfIte also called sodium metabisulfite is sold as stump remover also.
(Note the ending part of these names of chemicals like ite, ate, ic, ide, makes a difference in what chemical we are discussing).

Krazykrackerkarl said:
Would 14-0-0 fertilizer work?

make sure there is no chance of getting ammonia based fertilizer in your processes. ammonia and dissolved metals do not play well together. it forms some of the most unstable compounds and can explode.

Latest posts

Back