Solution still light brown after drop

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Again … need your help again
I refined some RAM ICs, incinerated them, grinder them, washed them and then gave them AR… denoxed and added SMB, the gold settled after 8-10 hours, the solution is transparent with little green tint but the solution is still giving positive stannous, kind of brown color test result … is this palladium ? Or I still need to add more SMB… if this is palladium how do I recover it
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3221.jpeg
    IMG_3221.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Hello Again … need your help again
I refined some RAM ICs, incinerated them, grinder them, washed them and then gave them AR… denoxed and added SMB, the gold settled after 8-10 hours, the solution is transparent with little green tint but the solution is still giving positive stannous, kind of brown color test result … is this palladium ? Or I still need to add more SMB… if this is palladium how do I recover it
Thanks

What did you use to denox your solution?

It's easier to read a stannous test on a piece of filter paper, especially if you suspect multiple PM's in solution.

What did you use to denox your solution?

It's easier to read a stannous test on a piece of filter paper, especially if you suspect multiple PM's in solution.
I used Sulfamic acid to denox … I added Sulfamic at 90 degree Celsius …
The color of stannous test is brown as I see it not black after gold precipitation. I added more SMB and after 6 hours of addition the stannous test color is still dark brown ….
What to do with the solution now ?

I used Sulfamic acid to denox … I added Sulfamic at 90 degree Celsius …
The color of stannous test is brown as I see it not black after gold precipitation. I added more SMB and after 6 hours of addition the stannous test color is still dark brown ….
What to do with the solution now ?
Brown is not Gold.
Gold is purple or trending to black if concentrated.
Brown may be a false positive caused by heavy use of SMB.

Brown is not Gold.
Gold is purple or trending to black if concentrated.
Brown may be a false positive caused by heavy use of SMB.
It can be excess SMB but the blue tint in the liquid and dark brown stain of stannous makes me believe there’s palladium in the solution … how do I recover it

It can be excess SMB but the blue tint in the liquid and dark brown stain of stannous makes me believe there’s palladium in the solution … how do I recover it
ICs rarely, if ever have Pd in them, dissolved Pd is more in the orange to dark maroon color.

Here is an example of stannous test from Lazersteve.
1723010050007.png

ICs rarely, if ever have Pd in them, dissolved Pd is more in the orange to dark maroon color.

Here is an example of stannous test from Lazersteve.
View attachment 64031
That’s my man answering …
I was waiting for your answer …
Thanks for the pic… I have none of these colors showing in the stannous test …
Means that’s only excess nitric ..
Thanks for your reply
Have a nice day

For the amount you have, there’s no practical means of recovery. Just put it in your waste/stock pot and cement out anything that remains in solution. When you have accumulated enough pm to be worth the time, cost and effort, then you worry about how to handle whatever you have.

Latest posts

Back