some how i made auric chloride/Au mix . how to proceed?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steyr223

Hey guys and gals how is everyone.
This is an old problem with a new question

I was recently washing and filtering my gold foils
recoverd from very old a/p

I took everything and put it in the wash
bucket were it was intended
I then found a 1 liter Pepsi bottle to add my
foils to for storage un till I'm ready to proceed.

I got about ¾ of my water and foils in the bottle
and noticed this.
The other ¼ added to a separate bottle was clear
Now I am color blind but it looks very familiar
Countinue to next page/post.

Attachments

• IMG_20121007_004116_0.jpg
    IMG_20121007_004116_0.jpg
    816 KB
Now I know I can cement values out with Cut
But ...my thoughts
To much water to add bleach or nitric to put
Rest of foils in solution
Don't want to add smb if its not auric chloride
(Say maybe there was something in the bottle
That I didn't see to make it that color)

Can I evaporate the H2o then add Hcl and bleach
To complete the auric chloride process

I would like to take a small amount with foils add bleach, then try to drop it with dry smb
or does it not work that way
any ways I will wait
thank you for your help
Steyr223. Rob

Hi Rob,

For me i think you have full of gold foil and they are not be able to settle well.

If i were you,

1) I will filter and wash out the gold foils

2) Test the solution with stannous Cl and precipitate it if there is any gold in the solution.

3) I will then put the filter paper together with gold foils using a old frying pan and heat it in a gas stove until all the filter paper become ash.

4) if i think there is still any base metal in there i will give the foils a last wash in hot HCl (For this last wash usually the foils will settle very well after the HCl cool down)

5) Filter, wash and put the filter paper and foils in old frying pan again and heat to burn the paper to ash.

6) make up Ar to dissolved the foils with a little nitric at a time which i believe the foils will dissolved in minutes.

7)precipitate and you have your gold :lol:

PS: I saw the picture you post and seem you have some green coating from pcb board which i think you should filter and burn everything to ash first.

I know it will sure works for this method because once before i have the same experience. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best wish...
Franciz

test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous,

how many gazillion time will you have to read it (im not only talking to you but to everynewb that will ask the same question again and again)color mean nothing except that you have a yellow solution,

test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous, test with stannous,

Thank you for your info
Sorry I was working and couldn't get back

I feel embarrassed :oops: I cant believe I let that
Slip by. :evil:
I use stannous on almost every occasion, for some reason
It didn't even cross my mind I will test as soon
as I get back to my friends
Francis I usually get rid of the mask, PCB pieces,
,fibers, and all the junk when I filter
My auric chloride
thanks steyr223 rob

PS ericrm probably a gazillion more time's :lol:

Sorry about taking so long to get back

Ok I learned something new today
I made up some new stannous chloride a while
back, which I didn't think worked right
I had tested all of my old solutions and they all tested negative .
So I made up some auric chloride to have something
to test against , the resultant purple was so faint i couldn't
See it.
About 3 days ago I'm over my buddy's he spills his auric chloride on the table we wipe it up with a napkin.
Later. After we drop his au and we go to test if more smb is needed I realize we didn't get a pretest to compare. We test the nnapkin ...black
Yea my stannous works 8)
wait.. that means my stuff has no gold :lol: not even my compare to auric chloride
which I only put 150pins in solution. Now I know they difference in concentration

Latest posts

Back