stannous chloride on ebay

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andycourson

hello all
I was looking on ebay and found some 98% stannous chloride chrystals 1/4 pound for 8.99
here is the link http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/quartzpegmatite

Andy

Hi andy,
I can't speak for the others but I make mine for about .25 cents and I use just plain solder from wal mart.....has never let me down yet.
Johnny

I agree with LMA, just go to walmart and buy tin solder, cut about 3 inches in little pieces, and place in about 1/4 cup of muratic acid in a small bottle. When the stannous gets week, just add more of the tin. I also have a little bottle of AC with gold in it to use as a control.

Good Luck.....Jack

Personally, I'd go for the crystals. That's all I ever used when I refined. That quantity will last for years, so in the long haul, it's cheaper and more convenient than using solder.

Hoke gives excellent instructions on making the testing solution from crystal. I suggest that you make it in very small quantities (an ounce, or less), for shelf life is limited. Add some pure tin to the container after it's made (just a few grains will do), to prolong its useful life.

Harold

Back