Stannous chloride

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rreyes097

Supporting Member
So I ran out of stannous chloride and so I just ordered some premixed stuff but it's not here yet. I have the stannous chloride powder just not the tin. And so I really need to test a solution. But it's not due to arrive for a few days yet. And my impatience is driving me to find another way to make the stannous with what I have on hand. My question is where can I find some pure tin via regular items on hand around the house or at work I work in a mechanic shop. If I can find a little bit of tin I'll able to test my solution and get the job done while I wait for the premixed stannous chloride. And not miss a step. Any ideas where I can find tin?

If you have stannous chloride, you don't really need the tin. You can mix the powder with water and a little HCl and it will work just fine. The tin makes the solution last longer, but if you're really in a hurry just make a tiny bit of solution for your immediate need.

Dave

Latest posts

Back