Stanous Chloride Making

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjavanb123

All,

I can't find the recipe for this testing solution in the forum, I could produce some tin salts from HCL + tin metals, now should i add the equal part of tin metals and tin salts to 3/4 HCL?

Thanks
Kev

hey Steve,

I looked at your signature and followed it word by word, and used the solution to test the yellow-black pregnant solution and even solid gold, but no color change at all, i sprayed water on Qtips and added a drop of stannous and nothing changed. The only thing different from my stannous solution and ur instruction was I used metal pieces of tin rather the powder, is that the problem?

Thanks
Kev

Where did you get your metallic tin?

Are you testing gold solutions?

Stannous will not test metallic gold, only gold that is dissolved in solution. Test your stannous as demonstrated in the HCl-Cl video on my website. The video even shows how to make the stannous and a gold standard solution.

Steve

I got the tin metal pieces from a chemical store, it's not powder though, you think that might the problem? cuz i dropped 2 grams of tin into 30 mL heated till all the tin in it started bubbling, then stopped and let it cool, used it on black powder I got from cat recycling after dropping PGM with zinc, I got no reaction.

is this video on ur site under the same title?

Thanks
Kev

Stannous will not test powders. You must put the metal into solution first.

The video is at http://goldrecovery.us under the gold videos section.

Steve

Steve,

Thanks for your tip, my stannous worked fine on Au + AR. turned purple, however it disappeared after few mins. is this normal?

Kev.

That means you still have an oxidizer present in the AR.

Denoxx the solution and check again.

Steve

Latest posts

Back