Stuck at this point

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

007dreamer

I posted the other day and got good points from all. I need a lil more help. I posted a link from you tube video of some jackass an acquaintance recommended to me of "how to " refine gold fingers. I saved the solution but I am not sure what to do next. Can I post a phone number here for some one with expert to get me thru this ?

Posting personal information like phone numbers or addresses on the open forum is an extremely bad idea. Do so at your own risk.

If all the metals have dissolved simply add some copper to your solution and cement the gold out, it won't happen immediately but if you leave it overnight it should do the trick, always test any solutions for values with your stannous. Once you have recovered the powders use the search function to see what comes next, it's very easy and you might well learn a few more things along the way.

dreamer, stannous chloride is a solution used to test for the presence of precious metals in solution. You'll find links to a book in my signature line that explains how to make it, how to use it, and a hundred other questions you haven't even thought of yet. Please download a copy and read it. You may need to read it several times before it really makes sense.

As I told you after your first post, you're going to have to do your own studying here. Please read the book and follow the other links I provided after your first post. You'll be glad you did, and you'll get a lot more help from members here when they can see you're making the effort. It's not fast, and it's not easy, but it's how this forum works.

Dave

Thankyou Frugal refiner, I have the book in PDF form and I am reading it. my comprehension is not real good.

I feel your pain. I have a mild form of dyslexia, so reading has always been a chore for me. I have read the book at least six times, and every time a little more sinks in for me. Although it's a difficult read, Hoke did an excellent job of condensing over 20 years of her own experience into one book. I could try to write answers and guide you through this journey, but it would take me many more pages to cover the information she provides.

Stick with it and you will be rewarded.

Dave

Hello 007dreamer.
Welcome to the forum.
So... you just got here and dove right in did ya?...

Bummer. Hope you heed the advice here and learn. Visualize what Hoke says in her book. And search and read the forum when you have trouble.

Almost everyone comes here with some kind of mess they have no clue how to fix and ask for "quick help".
All either give up and vanish or end up doing as advised. Putting things down and reading. Asking for quick help with any of this is like asking to fix a computer... Ya think it's possible? I tried helping that way and to some extent and patience I was able to. But don't ask me to cause NOPE is the answer.

The fingers you asked about are the easiest thing to learn on and do but not unless you read and familiarize yourself on HOW to.
It's like taking a college course on computers. Unless you start from the beginning, you will never learn.

Please...read and try to learn. Then see what questions you have for us to help and guide you with.

Good Luck and hope to see pictures of progress.

B.S.

Hi Dreamer,
Not everything on youtube is junk. I am also a visual learner, and the tube is as good a place as any to get a "bare bones" idea of a process. Unfortunately, when it comes to gold and silver refining, there are very few clips that can be trusted.For gold, try "Goldnscrap" and for silver, try aquilla refining. These video series will point you in a direction. Both gentlemen are respected contributors on this forum, and I can recommend their insight, but let me give you fair warning. Take the trouble to research the question you are asking, before you ask it, that way, when you ask it, you will ask the correct question. If you don't know where to look for an answer, PM me, and I will try sending you to the right place on the forum.
good luck

Latest posts

Back