Sub Zero

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
catfish said:
Hi Destroyer:

If what I understand is correct, (the ½ HCL mixed with 16 oz (1 lb) of Sub zero), do you mean that you mixed ½ gallon of HCL to 16 ounces of sub zero. That is about the right mix. You want about 4/1 mix HCL to sub zero (sub zero is about the same thing as sodium nitrate or nitrate of soda.
yes that is the mix I used

I haven't been here long and have been researching in all the wrong places.In the last few day's I have been playing around with a few gram's of dirty ore and some more stuff i had processed in reagent grade Nitric. My ph was a problem on the first run and I finally gave up and let it sit overnight and used Sodium Bicarbonate to finally get my ph low enough to drop it all, I became inpatient and had a Au Volcano fortunately i had all of the glass on a large absorbent pad like a diaper.I rescued what I could dried and cleaned the few pieces of plastic and ran the ore and plated pin's etc together.It was a quick dissolve but I used way too much AR and I am fighting it as I write this. I refuse to go into any more gold stock before I learn this process fully.I have more Platinum and Palladium than Gold so I have to get this right..Baking soda was my only solution @ this time because I am piecing together this process.I'm a disabled Vet and the small pension I get doesn't begin to cover my bills and I have a room full of scrap. I will try the urea and 24 hr's. Going to process some more gold through HNO3 and see if this work's. I'm really glad I found this forum and this thread. Thanx :mrgreen:

plasmajunkie,

Welcome to the forum.

You've been a member for over a month. What the heck are you doing? Where did you learn your process? It wasn't here on the forum. My advice would be to stop everything you're doing right now. Just put a lid on the things you've mixed together and start studying.

Download C. M. Hoke's book. There is a digital copy you can read on screen here: Refining Precious Metal Wastes. If you prefer a printed copy, you'll find a link to a printer friendly version in my signature line below. You'll see her book mentioned repeatedly here on the forum for good reason. It is probably the best book ever written for the beginner who wants to learn refining. It is written in layman's terms and will provide a solid foundation that will help you understand everything you read here on the forum. You'll also find a tremendous amount of information in the two Forum Handbooks compiled by aflacglobal, Forum Handbook Vol 1 and Forum Handbook Vol 2.

If you read these resources you'll understand there are some serious flaws in what you're doing.

Dave

I sent you a pm, I am working @ it and I get better every day.Did a good bit today by the book. I have my BD friday and I will read and absorb everything useful Mon.Thank's for the advice.

AndyWilliams said:
Plasmajunkie said:
I sent you a pm, I am working @ it and I get better every day.Did a good bit today by the book. I have my BD friday and I will read and absorb everything useful Mon.Thank's for the advice.

Plasmajunkie,

What is a BD and why do you keep using the @ symbol?
Guess he missed the "Warning" about how street talk, text lingo and slang will get a person removed from here. :shock:

Please forgive my ignorance, so many thing's going on. I moderate a V Bulletin site with over 500,000 subscribed so I know this system and I will learn your rules.Thank You for the information. I may have overstepped them Had I not been warned.

Latest posts

Back