Sulfuric Cell - SS - Copper mesh or perforated plate

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bmgold2 said:
I like that first link, especially the price. Another option you might consider is Thermoelectric Cooling. This can be purchased as just the thermoelectric cooling module or you could scrap one from a 12 volt cooler like truck drivers use. Your idea sounds cheaper but the thermoelectric module has no moving parts except maybe a fan and there is no water used so no pump or ice would be needed.
For a thermoelectric cooler you need to cool the secondary surface somehow. It only moves heat from one side to the other and the resistive losses in the cooler also adds a lot of heat.
I have a small wine cooler with a thermoelectric element and a fan at the back. When the fan died the fridge went from +5C to +40C. I replaced the fan with some scrap from a computer and now it's working fine again.

Göran

necromancer said:
can i use copper coated mesh as an anode basket ?

copper over rolled steel

can anyone help to answer this ?

would like to buy this, this friday if it will work

Thank You

Dave C.

I would try to find pure copper mesh. I had stainless steel mesh first and it didn't last that long, and it is dangerous if it gives way and splashes into the sulphuric. I found mine at an AC Moore or Michael's art supply store. AC Moore has half price coupons at least once a month, so if I waited I could have got two.

Jim

Latest posts

Back