Sun UltraSpark IIIi CPUs

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cejohnsonsr

I have 80 of these CPUs. Removed the heat spreader from the top of the 1st one to see what it looked like. The pic shows the bottom of the heat spreader (looks like there might be a little gold under there) & the top of the chip that was under the spreader. I'm wondering if anyone has seen or processed any of these. I'm going to break them up tomorrow. Just wondered if there's a consensus as to what should be done with the heat spreader. I plan to process the rest of the chips with AR.

Thanks,

Ed

Attachments

• IMAG0191.jpg
    IMAG0191.jpg
    686.1 KB
the majority of its top is made of tungsten.

remove them before running your cpus, save them up, there is a market for them

Well that's good news because there doesn't appear to be much gold in the rest of these chips. I broke the 1st one into fairly small pieces. Not much there. Thanks for the info.

Ed

necromancer said:
your right, there low yield,

most of the weight is in the heat spreader, did you buy your chips ?

I'll second that. I recently did some of these and was really disappointed with the results, whereas the results i got from some Intel 486 cpu's were astounding by comparison. Sorry to let you down my friend. If you can indeed get your money back I would do just that.

Dennis

There were 4 lots of 20 for 45 per lot + 20 shipping. They were advertised on eBay as high yield & the pics look like gold spreaders, but when I got the package today they were obviously not. Flash plated micro pins & no gold (or next to it) inside.

Ed

Latest posts

Back