Telluride Calverite Epithermal find

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heathenmojo

Hello, I'm very new to all this and basically joined hoping to find those whom know what I do not. I casually researched over the years how to find gold, indicator rocks etc. While on a tree job I noticed a long list of indicators until finally I stumbled upon two Telluride , from there after more research and then searching, I'm 99% convinced I have found a motherland vein. I've spent probably 80 hrs the past month researching and learning more. I'm currently building a kiln and have been panning down concentrates. I have so far smashed only one actually Telluride and was in awe of how much gold I saw inside the rock, some of the Telluride I have Believe are what you classify as actual gold nugget even though they lack the shiny gold look unless wet. I can desperately use some pointers on separating the gold from the quartz and other material. I burned a few with a cutting torch and all I managed to do was splatter gold all over the garage floor. I have not had much luck locating an assay service here on the East Coast, recommendations?

Attachments

• Whadfook.MOV
    43 MB
  • Gift EL-Quapo.HEIC
    3 MB · Views: 0
Hello, I'm very new to all this and basically joined hoping to find those whom know what I do not. I casually researched over the years how to find gold, indicator rocks etc. While on a tree job I noticed a long list of indicators until finally I stumbled upon two Telluride , from there after more research and then searching, I'm 99% convinced I have found a motherland vein. I've spent probably 80 hrs the past month researching and learning more. I'm currently building a kiln and have been panning down concentrates. I have so far smashed only one actually Telluride and was in awe of how much gold I saw inside the rock, some of the Telluride I have Believe are what you classify as actual gold nugget even though they lack the shiny gold look unless wet. I can desperately use some pointers on separating the gold from the quartz and other material. I burned a few with a cutting torch and all I managed to do was splatter gold all over the garage floor. I have not had much luck locating an assay service here on the East Coast, recommendations?
Welcome.

Here are some pointers.
https://goldrefiningforum.com/threa...s-before-you-post-about-ore.32137/post-341903

Crush up a sample to at least -60 mesh and send it to Ledoux.

https://ledouxandcompany.com/
Thank you!! I truthfully have no idea what I do or do not have until I confirm with an expert. I've researched so much and learned so much, I basically started off researching to prove I was being a fool with fools gold or something as no way could I ever find what I found, but the more I researched, the more testing I did of the material simply proved repeatedly that I am indeed a very lucky and blessed human at this point Truthfully I'm still telling myself there's no f'n way something this awesome happened to me, so professional lab analyst is my last step to prove or disprove what I THINK I found, plus I've learned if this is indeed gold, very good chance I have other process metal in abundance as well. what is the cost for each sample tested? I have many other specimen in quantity as well that I'd like to find out about. Thank you again for the info.
View attachment broken telluride ore.mov

Attachments

• IMG_4913E8958AAC-1.jpeg
    IMG_4913E8958AAC-1.jpeg
    787 KB · Views: 1
  • Ore blob MG_6996.jpg
    Ore blob MG_6996.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
Before you get your panties pulled too far up your crack, a little research into what a Telluride crystal looks like, would help relieve the pressure.
I've been commando for the past 40 years of my life, but if you got some extra panties to share, maybe I can try this pulled up too far thing you mention, sounds like it could be fun. Anyways, I suppose by "little research" you made mention of that you are indicating my perhaps 80 hour obsession of research that past month is not the proper way to research and learn? Can you please be more specific as I'm not certain your reference, but I am indeed here because the one thing I know is that I do not know, and I'm seeking those with the knowledge I lack. I'm not very shy about my ignorance and I thought I made that very clear in my post, the fact I'm here to learn. From what I have research and believe to have learned is that I have CALVERITE Tellurides to be more specific, though I do indeed have so many other types of rock which I have yet to gain any attempt of educated guess to identify. You sound like a guy who knows so if I could humbly ask you to help me more positively identify what I have I can begin to pretend I":m not completely ignorant and a newb to this prospector thing. Hope all is well and thank you for your words already shared with me. I will immediately research this Telluride "CRYSTAL' as you suggested as I have yet to add the "CRYSTAL" to any of my current research.
View attachment Wggafook 480.mov

I think this is my problem......"You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action." I'll sign up if it seems this site is actually useful and likable, which takes a hot minute to determine usually, and thus only have the free trial membership for now.
It is this forum, and since you are in here and posting you should have access to it.

Thats awesome and exactly what I'm researching. Of course I hope I have truly found enough wealth to chemtrail my signature Genetic Mutation Urine, thats GMU not to be confused with GMO, down onto Bill Gates from no matter where he's hiding, but I also am very curious about everything and how it ended where I found it, the process and journey its traveled. Plus I have always been interested in stuff like the earth and its natural functions that occur globally as well as all the micro tiny activity constantly occurring which most folks pay no mind to. Then of course the process of taking my find and rendering it into what I desire, rather it be a high grade purity bar for cash sale, custom jewelry, sculpture or any art form of my choice.

I think this is my problem......"You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action." I'll sign up if it seems this site is actually useful and likable, which takes a hot minute to determine usually, and thus only have the free trial membership for now.
I am a member, do not pay to be one or for privileges and i can read it just fine.
I don't know how the signing up part is nowadays, but new members somehow get the notion supporting payments are mandatory and certain privileges must be bought. You are not buying any rights or guidance. The replies you get are from 'refiners helping one another'.

Back