These heavy plates on Pro's and other ceramic CPUs

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renaldas

I asked about heavy plates on Pentium Pro earlier, and somebody tell me there is copper-tungsten alloy. I'm thinking now, if I but CPU with this plate directly into AR, will gold cement on the plate, or the plate is inert to AR and gold containing chloride solutions?

Barren Realms 007 said:
Run them thru AP or nitric cid and the plating will seperate from the heat sink and then you can finish processing the gold.
Yes, but when i separate gold plating, there is also gold inside a CPU. After crushing a CPU, some parts of these plates will obviously get into solution. So, the question remains the same, can these plates withstand AR or precious metal chloride solutions?

Renaldas said:
Barren Realms 007 said:
Run them thru AP or nitric cid and the plating will seperate from the heat sink and then you can finish processing the gold.
Yes, but when i separate gold plating, there is also gold inside a CPU. After crushing a CPU, some parts of these plates will obviously get into solution. So, the question remains the same, can these plates withstand AR or precious metal chloride solutions?

Yes the plates will withstand going thru your solution without causing any significant problem.

Processing materials that contain tungsten alloys with AR will form some tungsten oxide as a grainy yellow powder.

Steve

Latest posts

Back