Thiourea leaching

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hungry Wolf

Hello!

How know a good chemical mixture with thiourea, to get good results in leaching gold!

Link with Starting formulation (tested/photo = gold-dissolving in 3 days):

http://www.rsc.org/delivery/_ArticleLinking/DisplayArticleForFree.cfm?doi=b406148a&JournalCode=GC

Sincerely
Achim

Hello Forum!

"Green Leaching" with Thiourea!
Who know a better chemical mixture as the Starting formulation?

Sincerely
Achim

Hello Irons!

That is true....! :roll:

What do you prefer (method) for extracting gold from natural stones with a low gold concentration (pyrite/arsenopyrite content)?

Sincerely
Achim

Hungry Wolf said:
Hello Irons!

That is true....! :roll:

What do you prefer (method) for extracting gold from natural stones with a low gold concentration (pyrite/arsenopyrite content)?

Sincerely
Achim

I try to stay away from Arsenopyrites. If you're going to play with that, you better have the proper equipment to handle the toxic vapors. The lowest Arsenic concentration I have found in this area is 35 PPM. Even that can be dangerous because Arsenic will build up in your system. In the last couple of years, it has cost over $100K in medical bills. Take my advice. Be very careful.

Every ore is different. That's why process engineers make such a good living, at least the good ones do.

Latest posts

Back