Tin Dioxide crystals holding gold

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yvonbug

Under the topic "Pins in AP", Geo said that Tin dioxide is insoluble in water and it can trap your gold. OK, I got that. I do. I've got 3 vials of it. (That's pretty good considering I've been tinkering with gold refining for a long time). And I've finally gotten around to these 3 vials. It does look like sand. But since it is not soluble in water, how can I get my gold out of it.? Thanks for any help on this. -yvonbug-

incinerate to reduce back to elemental tin then do a warm hcl wash to dissolve the tin.once you have done it a couple of times its just routine after that.

Geo said:
incinerate to reduce back to elemental tin then do a warm hcl wash to dissolve the tin.once you have done it a couple of times its just routine after that.
According to references, it is converted via roasting to red heat (temp/color is vital) to regular tin oxide, which readily dissolves in full strength HCl or Sulfuric.

Here's a discussion with some references http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=10678&hilit=+metastannic#p103695

yep, tin oxide, i knew that.i dont know why i typed out tin metal.sorry about that. but the outcome is still the same.it turns into a white powder that will dissolve in muriatic acid.

Latest posts

Back