tin recover

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i also too want to recover tin ...
well it way simpler than gold, hcl will do the trick just fine (for the removal from the board)
this is where i personnaly have probleme ,nobody want to give me a faire price..........

I'll try with hcl but i don't know how to proced

After the reaction with hcl how can i melt it in ingot

If i turn it in ingot here in romania i can get up to 14eur/kg

after you saturate hcl with tin, you can precipitate the tin by freezing the solution. the tin will precipitate out as crystals but this is a dirty process as not only tin will precipitate out this way and will need to be refined further. but it is quick and does not diminish the usefulness of the hcl or alter its structure.

I doubt that you will be able to do any of your plan and make money. It will cost too much in time and chemicals to be profitable.

Jim

jimdoc said:
I doubt that you will be able to do any of your plan and make money. It will cost too much in time and chemicals to be profitable.

Jim

I need to do this because i have large quantity of this boards and nobody wants to buy it like this.

i hope to sell Tin and Copper from the boards.

Can you upload picture of your boards? We have few members here from Romania they may be interested to buy your boards.

can you pyrolize the boards and cast the metal into ingots? you can then part the tin using the method in the video above.

ericrm said:
this is common smelter boards... worth about 0.20$ a pound ,just keep searching you will find someone to buy it...
here in my country nobody wants to buy this and for me is more expensive to throw to the garbage than process it

How much would it cost you to be fined for pollution?
How much would it cost you, if you poisoned, yourself, and your neighbors water?
How much for a few pounds of copper, lead, and silver?
The recovery can be done, but it may cost you more than you can make.
How many tons of these boards do you have, how much money are you willing to spend to invest in acids, equipment, labor, waste disposal and so forth?
Unless you are going to start a big company doing tons of these a day, I say forget it, look harder for someone to buy the boards or just give them to a recycle company, maybe even trade a ton of these for a few pounds of better scrap.

It would be hard to make money from these circuit boards if the were loaded with gold and other valuable metals, so I believe you are wasting your time wondering about recovering the metals from the very low value scrap.

Ask yourself a question if the big company will not buy these why they have copper, tin and lead this is worth money, do these big company's know something I do not? maybe they know it would cost too much for the little value in metals?

Hmmmm

copper, lead and tin is fairly easy to separate. Tin does cause some problems and is a difficult metal to deal with.

Latest posts

Back