To all noobies

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rich_2137

hi all

My name is Richard and iv'e been a member for only about 3 weeks but have learned so much thanks guys and I would like to say a big thanks to Geo for helping me too, like me your probably thinking all I need is a 3 step procedure that I sure on youtube explaining to me and boom I have a lovely 5 gram button!!, but I was wrong very wrong.
There are many different process that you have to go though to get a pure button, even down the the very last wash's, but what im really here to say is read the forum hand books, read hokes, they explain everything, if i had just read these books i would't of had to ask the same question's that everyone ask's and for the pros on here that must get very tiering, like i said iv been here around 3 weeks and people do ask the same questions i asked so have a good read and you will see what i mean.

good luck
Rich

I like this guy, can we keep him :shock:

Just having fun. I wish more people would come to understand this before they start their first projects. We can all wish.

Thank you and welcome to the forum.
Tom C.

glad i could help, Rich. im still a noob myself, i learn new stuff every time im here. i was in the same proverbial boat you was in. i had stuff i wanted to turn into something more compact and easily handled. i first found steves website searching for a way to do fingers. i worked for two months based on those few videos before i eventually ran into enough problems to think a forum might be something i could try. (im not a big internet fan, my son set up my myspace account for me and ive never been there) well, it was a life saver. now im not afraid to say that what i think i know, i know pretty good. (its what i dont know thats bothering me now) :lol:

Sounds like Rich, is finding the way to begin recovery and refining of precious metals, I hope we see some pictures of pure gold in his hand when he gets to that stage.

Geo, You have come a long way,and you should not let what you do not know bother you, none of us will ever Know it all, and it is when we know that we do not know it all, That is when we can then learn it.Thanks for helping Rich out.

rich_2137 said:
hi all

My name is Richard and iv'e been a member for only about 3 weeks but have learned so much thanks guys

hi guys,
i am also noob iv bin on this forum for a few months and have learned so much.
i also started with same Q.s as most other noob, but then i got my hand's on the books and WOW
all you need to know bar a few thing that it didnt have.

you nood need to read before asking any Q's or trying any recovery /refinery

so thanks to all the guys.

Mr.B

Has anyone used the AR in its entirely. Such as, the dissolving to emerald green, lowering the PH, and then precipitationg? My issue seems to always turn brown after precipitaion and adding more to the solution creates clear or like silver particles in the bottom. I started with 4.4 oz of gold after bath down to 2.6. The excess did not disolve. Kept for future bath. My testing color is light amber, but test dark black with testing solution. Thanks for any help.
gene

Thanks for the input. Since my last post my ammonia and water wash turned my mud black. I kept the amber fluid and ammonia. Too much in to loose. I thought I was well informed by reading and watching, I guess not. So, back to basics. Thanks butcher. where can I gain acces to the reading material you suggested. Thanks

Hay guys
Wywiwyg? Now I now from designing web applications. WYSIWYG means what you see is what you get meaning on the system you design and test your web page on will look identical to the one viewed on the internet (which use to be a problem)

So does wywiwyg mean "what you want is what you get"
Steyr223

steyr223 said:
Hay guys
Wywiwyg? Now I now from designing web applications. WYSIWYG means what you see is what you get meaning on the system you design and test your web page on will look identical to the one viewed on the internet (which use to be a problem)

So does wywiwyg mean "what you want is what you get"
Steyr223
Yes, that is what it means. The old one of WYSIWYG used to be part of the program (AmiPro) I think before lotus.

slickdogg said:
wywiwyg2000 said:
where can I gain acces to the reading material you suggested

wywiwyg2000

links are in my signature line 8)

Thanks for the link. I have started and realized i am still GREEn and alot of reading and understanding is in place. Your bottom quote is so, I only blame myself.

Okay I am starting over. My name is Gene and I am a new noobie. I have been trying to process gold with out the proper knowledge and materials. So, with your help, I am on my way to become better. I started at the begining and am reading "CM Hoke's" book. Thanks for getting me started in the right direction.

Gene,
Welcome, great attitude, I can see your going to do just fine in this field, once you get rolling, instead of struggling, and it sounds like you are cooking with gas now, your getting closer to melting gold, just do not get in a hurry, the gold will not rust away, and will be there when your ready, and besides it gives you a chance to find more of the gold while your enjoying a good book.

Notice how she (C.M. Hoke's) pre-treats the material, prepares it for acid, eliminates base metals, dissolves, and rids solution of free nitric acid.

Also doing the getting acquainted experiments she suggests in her book is invaluable to understanding how metals react in acids, doing these experiments, and understanding their meaning will save you tons of grief when you do begin to recover and refine, it can be especially helpful when dealing with electronic scrap.

Also pay close attention to testing for metals in solution, this will be your eye into where your valuable metals are or are not.

She also has another book on testing metals, which is also very good.

Latest posts

Back