To buy or not to buy silver ore

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skarda

Is the following a reality,, to process 1 ton of silver ore per day and get 200 to 300 Oz of 95% pure silver a day and make money using the following method.

Purchase silver ore (maybe 5 tons, not sure of cost & availability)
Purchase small quality rock grinder. (approx $5000)
Purchace small quality stove (approx $5000)
Purchace appropriate chemicals (cyanide, ect.)
Learn the process (ouch)

I realize that it depends on the ore quality. So part of my question is, is it realistic to find a place that will "sell" that quality of ore at a price that I could process the above and make money. Seems like one would make a lot of money on the above senerio, but is it realistic to process that much in a day or even a week.

I live in Boulder, Co

You're kidding, right?

Do you have any idea how to process ores?

Do you have the necessary licenses?

Do you have equipment that would make EPA happy with your objective?

I'm not convinced you've thought this through, although you may have something in mind that I don't understand.

The only thing I can think of that might provide a similar scenario is you go to a music store and buy a piano, then schedule a concert, when you have no clue how to play the piano.

Please do a lot more research before you even think of trying to accomplish this project. I'm of the opinion that you will hit more obstacles than you can overcome, plus I don't have a clue who would be interested in selling high grade ores, in particular at a price that would allow you to make any money.

Please let me know if I'm wrong. I'm very good about making public admissions in such cases.

Harold

Thanks for the reply, and you are correct in saying I need to do more research. However, the root of my question is, I met an aquaintaince who already has this operation in process. I went and saw it, and he seems to have the equipment listed above. He asked if I would like to invest in his operation, which is fine. I do not know where or how much his ore is other than that he buys it. I am trying to figure out if he is really making 200 to 300 oz per day. & if so why does he need my money. Sorry I sounded like bad concert pianist, but deservingly so, ha. Anyway, If it sounded legite I would consider popping 10K or so, but I am trying to get more detail here.

Thanks, and please reply back

Think about it. If your acquaintance is recovering 200 to 300 oz per day he does NOT need your $$$$. If it is a failed venture and is only recovering a little he needs your money to get out from under the cost of equipment and labor. Selling a pig in a bag.

There are a million scams and this sounds like one of them. My vote is don't touch this, you will be burned. Just an opinion.

I didn't see any fire assay equipment on your list. Nor did I see any fire assay or sampling text books to teach you how to do it and help prevent you from getting burned. This stuff would absolutely be the first thing on any list I made.

Knowing the story does help---and I'm inclined to say "run like the wind".
Unless the person in question is a VERY good friend, and it's known that he is operating a successful business, making a profit, I expect that this deal isn't at all that it's cracked up to be. Why would anyone in their right mind, making money, need more money? You've already mentioned that there's a fixed size in mind, and that the equipment is in operation, as well as the permits. The only thing that's making sense, to me, is that none of it is true.

Be VERY careful when dealing with people that work with precious metals. Those that are legitimate generally have the required connections to market their product, and, in general, especially in today's market, where prices have gone through the ceiling, they are making money hand over fist. Why they would need an investor makes little sense to me, although there may be something that hasn't been disclosed.

I've had a life-long policy that has kept me chiefly out of trouble. I avoid any deal where money is chasing people. I've never seen that happen, not once. What I have seen is people chasing money---and there's nothing that hooks a guy faster and better than the prospects of making a fast, easy buck. In most cases, the only guy that does is the promoter.

Give these words some thought. Invest only if you don't care if you lose the money, and then invest only that which you can afford to lose. I expect that's what will happen.

Harold

Latest posts

Back