translation

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoardpm

Ok. Im obviously new. I am slowly learning the "slang" or abbriviations. So I have kind of a stupid question. What do you mean when you "Denoxx" a solution? Also, what is SMB?

Hoard,

Following the Guided Tour Link in my signature line below to see a full list of basic Forum information.

Steve

Juan Manuel Arcos Frank said:
SBM=sodium metabisulfite...the gold precipitant that we all love in this Forum.

DENOXX I have no idea

Regards
Manuel

DENOXX ----- Means to overthrow our leader. A Coup. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I think he is referring to adding urea to A.R. so all the excess oxidizers are used and your gold will drop.

to get break down the nitric acid used as oxidizer to disolve the gold, either with urea or by boiling off the NOx with several evaporation's (deNOx)

Ok here is a new one for ya. I know it is used to test for palladium from watching the all knowing lazersteve's videos (thanks man). But, what does DMG stand for?

hoardpm said:
Ok here is a new one for ya. I know it is used to test for palladium from watching the all knowing lazersteve's videos (thanks man). But, what does DMG stand for?
Dimethylglyoxime.

Harold

Hoard,

Follow the Guided Tour Link in my signature line below for some standard vocabulary and reactions.

Steve

Back