two batches hcl+cl, one worked, one didnt?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rheslin2

i just desolved two bathches of gold in hcl+cl, the first was from gold foils and the second was from twenty broken up ceramic cpus, the batch from the foils turned bright yellow like it should but the batch from the cpu's turned a yellow green, i let them both sit over night to get rid of clorine and neither had a clorine smell this morning, i added the smb (stump out) and the batch from the foils, started dropping gold immediatly, the green colored batch from the cpu's had no reaction???? could this be from residual clorine? has anyone had this problem? if so how did you fix it?
thanks in advance guys!
bob

HCl-Cl should not be used directly on any fused form of gold bearing material aside from foils and moist, free flowing powders. If you processed whole cpus in the solution, you are most likely seeing iron in solution (orange-yellow) from the kovar on the cpu legs. What does the stannous chloride test show with the cpu solution?

Your gold from the cpus is most likely still on the cpus structure somewhere that has not yet fully dissolved. Were the cpus ceramic types with gold plated heat spreaders on the top?

Steve

Latest posts

Back