Unintended Nanoparticles are flooding me out!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

workwithout

I accidentally made high concentrate gold nanoparticles suspended in fluid and now I dont know how to reverse what I did!

Here are the steps i used

DV volt added to
Vinegar & salt
added gold plated material to positive and lead to the negative.

I was suppose to end up with a slug but instead i ended up with dark yellow fluid which I then "treated" with SMB and heat.
In the end I now have this beautiful ruby red fluid with sparkles all suspended in the fluid. I have let it sit over night and nothing settled at the bottom.

I have seen this same method used with hydrochloric acid with much better results. I however have not made anything other than unintended nanoparticles
Please Help!

Redissolve it with any method.
Since you have used vinegar and salt, you have created a weak HCl.
So I would add a bit more HCl and then peroxide or a little bleach.
It should redissolve immediately.

Then it may be neccessary to concentrate the fluid some before you precipitate again.

Have you read Hokes book?
It is almost required here.

o_O
I will order Hokes Gold refining book today if I can find it
Im assuming its the only book by C.M.Hoke, thats all google is pulling up with
This is what I was thinking I needed to do but was afraid I would mess it up worse.
Thank you so much! #100
I Cant wait to the the theory and get the book!

You can order it, or you can download a free copy by following the links in my signature line below.

Dave
Dave I can't seem to see any of the signatures from anyone anymore.
A lot of any heh🤔
Maybe some setting on my side then.
If not, he may not see them either.

Edit for spelling

Last edited:
Hmmm... I just logged out and logged back in under my other, non-moderator account. I still see them.

Is anyone else not able to see my signature line?

Dave

Hmmm... I just logged out and logged back in under my other, non-moderator account. I still see them.

Is anyone else not able to see my signature line?

Dave
Have to be the setting in my side then.
I'm using cell phone though, it may serve different settings for phones and desktop.

Indeed, it appears to be a cell phone thing. I just checked on my phone and didn't see them either. But when I turned my phone sideways, they magically appeared. Let us know if that works for you too.

Dave

Indeed, it appears to be a cell phone thing. I just checked on my phone and didn't see them either. But when I turned my phone sideways, they magically appeared. Let us know if that works for you too.

Dave
That’s it, Dave. Checked that with my IPHONE and my wife’s Android. Vertical: No signature lines. Horizontal: Signature Lines. Whodda thunk it?!

Time for more coffee.

Note: Visiting newest grandchild and his parents in New Bern, North Carolina. Will be fishing Saturday out of Atlantic Beach, North Carolina. My son and his wife do not like fish. Giveaway will be Sunday afternoon if fishing is successful.

Our son went ocean fishing a year or two ago. He brought back over 30 pounds of cleaned filets. Amberjack, tuna, and grouper. Yummy! I vacuum seal them and they last for years.

Dave

Can’t take any home. Flights are simply too long. Did can several dozen half pints of Albacore in early September, but that was home in Oregon.

Additionally, I checked several forums I subscribe to. The issue with signature lines is the same in most, but not all. Seems to me norm on many platforms.

Time for more coffee.

Thanks for sharing that. I've been editing my Tips thread to reflect all the changes in the new software. I may add some info. on phones. I just got a smartphone about a week ago, so I can do some testing on taking pictures and such.

Dave

Dave you were spot on as always.
Thanks.

Galenrog did you notice the sofware on those plattforms
If they run xenforo as well it may well be the reason.

If you are using a cell phone (or perhaps a tablet?), turn the device on its side. We learned recently that phones don't display signature lines when they're vertical, but when they're horizontal they appear.

But butcher's links will get you there.

Dave

If you are using a cell phone (or perhaps a tablet?), turn the device on its side. We learned recently that phones don't display signature lines when they're vertical, but when they're horizontal they appear.

But butcher's links will get you there.

Dave
This was absolutely why I could not see your signature line, landscape mode fixed it

Latest posts

Back