Urea

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkey-boy

Hi
I need some expert advice, I have been trying to recover gold from scrap computer boards and CPUs. The aqua regia iv got the hang of but it's the adding urea I need advice with.
I'm only going small amounts at a time and I can only find articles on mixing a solution for every oz of metal and I'm not doing that much.
Is it ok to use the info I have found and only add small amounts or is there a more prosice method?
Thanx

theres a thread i have in General Chat where ive been refining for Rodthrower18, there a short clip of me showing AR solution from ceramic processors. at first i thought i may have had some free nitric in the solution. these concerns was unfounded because i just did the drop and had no problems. this is because i only use the amount needed to finish the dissolution. added in small quantities at a time and given time to completely be used up before adding more. doing it this way means there is no need to neutralize the free nitric because there isnt any.

Latest posts

Back