Using H202 For Scrubbing NOX

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeneje

Hello all,

I have a question about H202. In a two stage scrubber system like i am making can i use H202 in the first barrel inside(15gallon) to scrub the NOX fumes reducing to NO2.
After the NO2 fumes exit the scrubber push them into another barrel bubbling the NO2 through NaOH solution in a 55gallon barrel outside (55gallon). to do the finial cleaning or am i thinking wrong here. If so, how would calculate the mixture of H202?.

Here are some pics of the setup inside with the grate and packing.

Thanks
Ken

Attachments

• scrubber.JPG
    scrubber.JPG
    44.3 KB
  • packing.JPG
    packing.JPG
    32.5 KB
  • Grate 1.JPG
    Grate 1.JPG
    46.6 KB
  • scrubber.JPG
    scrubber.JPG
    44.3 KB
After further research i found my answer. Thanks anyway. If your interested in the chemistry this is what i found.

3NO2 + H2O ⇔ 2HNO3 + NO

2NO + HNO3 + H2O → 3HNO2

HNO2 + H2O2 → HNO3 + H2O

Now i have to figure it out.

Ken

A guy I knew that was dissolving CPUs in AR had a 3 stage scrubber, separately containing H2O2 solution, water, and sodium hydroxide solution. He only told me what the 3 contained and not the order. I think it would be H2O2 first to reduce the NO to NO2, the water second to dissolve the NO2 and form HNO3, and the NaOH to neutralize any acid coming over. Maybe the water comes last but I can't think of why it would.

goldsilverpro said:
A guy I knew that was dissolving CPUs in AR had a 3 stage scrubber, separately containing H2O2 solution, water, and sodium hydroxide solution. He only told me what the 3 contained and not the order. I think it would be H2O2 first to reduce the NO to NO2, the water second to dissolve the NO2 and form HNO3, and the NaOH to neutralize any acid coming over. Maybe the water comes last but I can't think of why it would.

Hey GSP, i don't guess he gave you the concentrations he mixed in each - or the amount per gallon. I wonder if 3% would work or if it would be better to use a higher concentration of H202 say food grade35%, Did he use distilled H2O or tap? I'm not very good with chemical equation, but trying to learn more.

Thanks for your help on this - i think using H202 may be the better way to scrubb if i can figure it out, and work it into my design.

Ken

Latest posts

Back