Wand Induction Melter

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan's a good guy. I've been in contact with him and he knows several people I know, and contrary to how he may appear to post--he's about a reasonable a jeweler as I've ever met.

As far as induction furnaces go, the one he has is itsy bitsy and that's why they call it a wand melter. Attached is something more practical.

Attachments

• Coreless Furnaces Data Sheet MFT-TF.pdf
    521.7 KB · Views: 37
Lou,

Appreciate the post. I love you guys ideas on size! Of course, 5 lbs of 50% pure gold is around $62,000 which is a little more than I like to hold at one time. I believe in turning the metal around $10,000 which looks stupid when it's going up but certainly safe in our current up & down market. I would like to find something a little bigger than the 700 gram size of my current wand. Understand that we buy from the public at usually 100 grams a buy. The electromelt provided by Kassoy and others is too slow and my Big Supercast is too expensive to replace to melt 10 times a day. When it breaks, I am out of the Palladium business and that's about 90% of what we do. As always, Thanks for your insight!

Peace,,

Dan

Dan Dement said:
Just curious but can you magnetically levitate metals that are not magnetic? It does not seem logical to me but I have NO expertise in this area.
You levitate the metal via the magnetic field created by the eddy currents that heats the metal.
When you heat a magnetic material high enough it will lose it's magnetic properties, that is called it's Curie temperature. (770 degrees C for iron)

Here is a youtube video demonstrating levitation of molten aluminum.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6Zrnv4OtbU[/youtube]

An interesting thing is that the heating coil is turned back in the opposit direction in the lower part. This should create a magnetic field opposit of the top field and in the center there are no field at all. This creates a magnetic bottle to keep the molten metal in place.

/Göran

Latest posts

Back