Waste disposal

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rreyes097

Supporting Member
I've been trying to study and read all I can on waste disposal. But it seems as if I can't quite grasp what I need and where to get what I need to properly dispose of the waste. For instance where do I get soda ash, sodium hydroxide, and whatever else i need. I have a bucket of various spent acids that is close to being full. I've been trying to prepare so I can properly dispose of this waste but I'm not sure where to get said items. I have pH strips does that work? The acids in there or from AR and AP and nitric acid dilute that was used for silver. So it has silver nitrate as well. I don't know if I should have mix all of that together but I did. Copper sitting in with it for this whole time with an air bubbler. I have extra buckets. But since i don't have said chemicals i.e. soda ash. Anyone able to talk me thru this? Using the most basic of ingredients? And if i must get more things. Where can i get them? Thanks!

You should be able to find soda ash at your local grocery store. It's sold as Washing Soda in the laundry and soap aisle.

You can look for sodium hydroxide sold as a drain cleaner, but it's becoming more scarce in stores. It is readily available on eBay.

Dave

I was given this plastic container full of small bottles of various chemicals. The guy that gave me it was a part time gold panner so upon inspection i realized at the time the only thing I recognized was hydrochloric acid. I gave it another look today and found sodium hydroxide! But what do i do with it? It also has a bottle of lead acetate, cadmium....(something i cannot remember at this moment. But anyways, anyone know what to do with any of this including the sodium hydroxide? Im looking for a mentor i can call at random times throughout the day or night (not night really!) But im on the west coast if that helps. Id be eternally grateful!

Latest posts

Back