We will purchase your refined gold

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fournines

Hello fellow gold refiners,

I know that there are many of you who are looking for a reliable place to sell your refined metals, so I would like to offer up the services of SO Accurate Group. We're one of the largest refiners in New York state, and we are willing to offer competitive rates to purchase your materials. We have been in business for over 20 years, and currently we're the largest volume stone removal company in the US. Technically, we're the only company that does any actual refining in NYC.

I joined this board back in March and have read many of the stories that people have had dealing with refiners. I know how difficult it can be to develop trust in this industry - and thankfully there are many experienced and knowledgeable individuals on this board who can help provide guidance.

Reputation is everything in this industry, and we know how easy it is for that to be damaged. Part of my responsibility is to ensure that we maintain only the highest standards of customer service and accountability.

If anyone is interested or has any questions, please PM me or post a reply here. I will do my best to respond as quickly as possible.

Matthew
Vice President, Sales
SO Accurate Group, Inc
http://www.soaccurate.com

Sounds real good Matt,
Tell us a little more about the prices you pay for au,pt,rh and pd.
Do you buy sponge?
Also, how quick can you settle and on what terms?
Is there a minimum amount that you will accept?
Are there any assay or other fees?

Mark

Mark,

On metals we will pay up to 99.20%. Of course the volume of material being purchased is an important factor, as well what kind of metal it is, and how pure the material is. We don't have blanket pricing as every customer has different needs that have to be considered.

We will purchase sponge - Au/Ag/Pt/Pd.

Our usual settlement time between 3-5 business days after receipt of the materials. We prefer to settle prices on the second London fix once the assays are back and all parties involved are in agreement. You also have the option of keeping your gold in a pool account and selling it at a later date. We provide payment through check or bank wire. If you've sent us karat scrap or other materials to refine, you can also have fine metals returned to you.

There is no minimum quantity. We do charge a small assay fee and have some other small minimum charges for each lot we process. Again, those charges vary based upon they type of material.

If you have something specific I would be happy to work up refining terms.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

I have some Pd bearing Sponge on hand (actual sponge not powder), whats the settlement time on that ?
The lot is 1800 lbs

Peter,

Do you have any type of breakdown of what other materials make up the sponge? I'm assuming that because you said "bearing" that it's not pure palladium - as it would be 26,250 troy oz of pd. Is it copper based? Some other base metal?

If you can give me some more details I can give you refining terms and tell you what our settlement time would be.

Here you go Matt:

Parameter Method Concentration (%) Concentration (PPM)
Copper ICP 0.27 2746
Gold ICP 0.00 18
Palladium ICP 1.26 12632
Silver ICP 8.06 80592

Matt,
Thanks for the reply.
It's the " small assay " charge and the other "minimum charges" that I would want to know the most about.
I understand that all materials have a different chemical signature and thus, must be handled and refined differently.
What, no rh?
How about a mixture of blacks?

If a guy had some stuff that he had cemented out with zinc,that consisted of a combination pt, pd, rh, with only a small percentage of contamination, he probably wouldn't be willing to give the rh away.
If he were to take it to the next step, "sponge" , what kind of deal could he expect from your company?

Mark

markqf1 said:
What, no rh?

I agree Mark.

Fournines,

I think that you will find that while there are those on the forum that recover Pd and Pt there is a far greater volume of material available that is a Pd/Pt/Rh mix that is recovered from once refined materials (not ores). If you can offer low fees and premiums on such material you may find a good opportunity.

Mark, Oz,

Yes, we will pay for Rhodium! It was an accidental omission when I was typing out the post.

I'm going to have to get back to you after the weekend when I am back in my office to give you a breakdown of our assay fees for PGM's. Gold and Silver assays are $25 each.

I don't know if I have authority to post/discuss all of our fees and terms in a public open forum, so I might have to use PMs for specific inquiries. But generally speaking, if you came in with 350oz of karat scrap (assaying at least 35% gold) for refining, the assay and refining fees would probably total around $200 (not including the % metal accountability payout). Of course if someone wants to sell us a much smaller amount, say several ounces (or even less) of refined gold, we're going to work up a different pricing structure.

As for materials such as sponge, we have to know the composition and volume before we can put together pricing - which I would be happy to supply. Usually we ask for a small sample ahead of time to do an initial analysis.

markqf1 said:
Matt,
Thanks for the reply.
It's the " small assay " charge and the other "minimum charges" that I would want to know the most about.
I understand that all materials have a different chemical signature and thus, must be handled and refined differently.
What, no rh?

If a guy had some stuff that he had cemented out with zinc,that consisted of a combination pt, pd, rh, with only a small percentage of contamination, he probably wouldn't be willing to give the rh away.
If he were to take it to the next step, "sponge" , what kind of deal could he expect from your company?

Mark

Seems like your a little more focused on gold than pgm's, which is cool.
200 bucks sounds fair for 350 oz carat gold.
What is " percent metal accountability payout"?
I'm willing to confer with you privately but, I owe the people of this forum an explanation, as to your integrity.

Mark

Of course. The metal accountability is just lingo for what is the percentage being paid on the metal we're refining. Is the rate 98%, 99%, 99.20%, etc.

markqf1 said:
I'm willing to confer with you privately but, I owe the people of this forum an explanation, as to your integrity.

Mark

I would think that Fournines would welcome feedback from people that have dealt with him as to whether they feel they received fair value and integrity in a transaction. Anything less is a poor way to expand a business.

I also respect the fact that he wishes to check with others at work before posting prices paid and fees charged on a public forum. But it also makes me curious, as I have found that most refiners use the prices they pay as their main advertisement.

Oz said:
I would think that Fournines would welcome feedback from people that have dealt with him as to whether they feel they received fair value and integrity in a transaction. Anything less is a poor way to expand a business.

I also respect the fact that he wishes to check with others at work before posting prices paid and fees charged on a public forum. But it also makes me curious, as I have found that most refiners use the prices they pay as their main advertisement.

I know that should anyone choose to do business with us, the results and commentary will wind up here for all to evaluate - and that is one of the great powers of a forum such as this.

It is also not uncommon for refineries to not advertise their prices. While I hate to point to competitors, look at Johnson Matthey, Metalor, Republic Metals, Ohio Precious Metals, Rand Refinery, Valcambi, etc - unless I missed something, you won't find any prices on their websites. Every business decides what is right for their particular situation. Some prefer to claim the highest payouts or the smallest fees. Some prefer to let their results and their customers speak for them.

Perhaps you misunderstood my comment. You are correct in that most large refineries do not advertise though web sites their percent of payout on recovered metal and other fees.

However I did not come in contact with you by looking online for PM refineries, you came to this forum offering us a service. Since your title says Vice President I found it curious that you were not quick with telling us how much you paid on a percentage basis and what your fees were before checking back with the office. You stated earlier that “Part of my responsibility is to ensure that we maintain only the highest standards of customer service and accountability.” and I commend that. I would far rather have you take pause and check with your office instead of giving inaccurate pricing details in haste.

To be clear I was not crying “foul”, I just found it curious since you were coming to us selling your services as a Vice President. Any sane man will try his best at due diligence before dealing in even smaller quantities via the mail given the values involved. I look forward to getting to know you and your company better and hopefully we will find a situation that is profitable to you and beneficial to members here as well.

FourNines,

Sorry to bring up a dead subject, but I'm sure your sellers/buyers would be interested as well.

What happened with the company you were VP for less than six months ago?

Did they go under? Economy? ????

Looking for a little more info, as when I dealt with you last time, I kinda got the run around.

Thanks,
Nick

nicknitro said:
FourNines,

Sorry to bring up a dead subject, but I'm sure your sellers/buyers would be interested as well.

What happened with the company you were VP for less than six months ago?

Did they go under? Economy? ????

Looking for a little more info, as when I dealt with you last time, I kinda got the run around.

Thanks,
Nick

Hi Nick,

Not a problem. I was working for Republic Metals - but I was not VP - I was working out of their NYC office. They didn't go under, the company is doing just fine. It came down to the fact that it was difficult for me to work long distance in the capacity they needed (the refinery is in Flordia), and I was fortunate to be offered a good opportunity with another company.

If I recall correctly you were having trouble getting access to the online account setup forms that Republic needed filled out. That was just as frustrating on my side as it might have been for you and anyone else trying to set up an account. I apologize if it appeared that you were being given the run around - it was not my intention.

Things should run much more smoothly going forward.

If anyone else has questions or concerns, please let me know!

Thanks,

Matt

As I mentioned a few posts earlier, here is a breakdown of our assay fees:

AU: $25
AG: $25
PT: $75
PD: $75
RH: $150

Combination assays:

AU/AG: $40
AU/PT: $95
PT/PD: $125
AU/AG/PT/PD: $150

As for our refining fees, for the time being I'll have to provide quotes and terms via PM, email, fax, telegraph, or smoke signals.

Has anyone gotten anymore information?

I am looking to sell a small amount of gold, but have not gotten a PM reply back. Has anyone used these services and have any good or bad recommendations?

Thanks,

dave

Matt,

Excellent answer. Thanks a lot for your reply.

I may have to try your new company out, oh yeah, your memory is spot on.

Thanks,
Nick

Back