Welcome to all Newbies

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve,

You, Harold, and a handful of the others in this forum are great teachers. I have been reading this forum, Hoke, and other related materials off and on for a couple of months now. Like many newbies, I have done some small scale experiments with decent results as I learn about the process.

Edited to remove long rant [sorry about that]

Someone in town is giving me a bunch of old broken computers next week, and I'll see if I can get enough material out of those to at least make a BB.

I'm also running a small sulfuric reverse plating cell using the copper mesh I bought from your website. I've run one basket full of super low-grade pins, gold plated RCA connectors, and a few gold plated cell phone parts, and the one cheapo gold plated necklace my wife gave me for the experiment. I don't even want to mess with trying to get the powder out of that cell until I've got it saturated like you say in the tutorials. I just need to find a lot more plated material to run through it.

Anyway, I'm still reading, admiring some of the pictures in the gallery, and thinking of ways to get feed stock for the next batch (hopefully a little bigger than the last).

Bryan

Steve,

You mentioned at the beginning of this thread that if we find broken links we should let someone know. What is the best way to do that? I'm spending a lot of time here and I do come across some. I don't want to clog up the forum with a bunch of posts about broken links. Examples I just found are the bottom 2 MSDS sheets (Sodium Nitrate & Potassium Nitrate).

Thanks, Dave

Simply PM me with a hyperlink to the post with the broken link, image, or document. If I have a copy I will fix it.

Steve

Good Day to all especially to sir LAZERSTEVE... I'm from the Philippines and still a newbie here. I bought last Tuesday 2 DVD's on sir Lazersteve store, Processing Fingers with Acid Peroxide and Processing Gold Filled Scrap. So excited with because I have lots of gold plated items here bought as a junk, I want to learn how to strip down these gold and refine it to a pure gold. Still a newbie, please help me familiarize with this business. Thank you...

hey to all
I am really a newbie to the whole process so please bear with me .

my question is : is there any other way not using dangerous chemicals to refine gold ? I dont have a big backyard or a lab to experiment and process it and I'm really interested in the idea of scrapping gold .
thanks in advance for the reply and learning a lot .

isaac

Isaac your question is one that crops up often from newbies and I'm afraid the answer is always the same, no there is no way to refine gold without potentially dangerous chemicals, it's one of the most inert of elements so it needs strong acids or oxidisers to dissolve. However you can recover gold using slightly less toxic chemicals such as AP, acid peroxide, this removes base metals and leaves an impure gold flake or powder and can be used almost indefinitely with care, it will cause fumes and can't be done in your house. Failing that collect material and sell to someone who can recover and refine, there are many ways to profit from gold recovery its just finding your niche.

Edited for clarity.

Very glad to meet everybody here,I am just a new member of this forum,I want to make more friends here,I hope you can like me.

How very sad that you registered only to spam the board. That is not acceptable here, so you are banned from the forum.
Note that links have been disabled.

Harold

Thakns to everyone on the board (old term from bbs days) this is a very good site. I would go as far as to say it is the best but I don't want to give everyone the big head (lol)
IT IS A VERY GOD SITE has more information then any one could digest in just a few days..
I'm new but will learn
thanks to all who has helped put this site together and a real big thanks to Steve.! :p :p :p

lazersteve said:
All,

If you are reading this then you are likely a noob. This is the 1cent tour post for those of you that are overwhelmed with the volume of information here.

The typical posts I refer newbies to.

and last but not least visit my website (link below), watch the videos, and read the documents.

Collect scrap while you are doing this and begin with a small batch to get acquainted with the testing, colors, gases, wastes, and time required to process the scrap you choose. If you run into problems on the small scale, or in the learning stage, post a question or comment and someone will help you out.

If you choose to ignore my instructions and take short cuts, everyone will know by the questions you ask. There is no such thing as a stupid question, but there is such a thing as a question that has already been asked too many times before. This is where the forum search features come in handy.

If you find a broken link along the way be sure to let someone know as we just moved from a different hoster and some of the links have not been repaired yet. :wink:

Enjoy!!

Steve
Thanks a lot lazersteve,,
it will helps a lot like me as a newbie learner.

Hi I am sorry to bother but I was just trying to find the link to access your site were the free videos could be watched? I believe the link might be broken not sure but i can not seem to access it. Thanks for all the great info!!!

moose,

Welcome to the forum. I just checked Steve's links and they're working from my computer. If you follow the first link in Steve's signature line (his store), then click on the "Home" link, you should get to the free videos. Be sure to check out all of Steve's site, including the videos, the documents, and his store while you're there.

Dave

videos are scattered throughout the forum and theres really not a single place for them, sorry. Lazersteve has some very good videos at http://www.goldrecovery.us username :gold password : goldm1ner*

also, samuel-a has a website with good videos http://www.goldnscrap.com/

remember, a video is a good visual reference but reading and studying is best.

Thanks alot guys!!! I can't seem to access the videos on Steve's site due to the fact that I have a Mac? I have been reading alot of his articles though thanks so much for the info!!

Hello to all. I have a quick question for anyone that can answer. Can i just go to abookstore (barnsnoble , Joseph Beth) and buy this hoke book. That way i have in hand.

goldfor2 said:
Hello to all. I have a quick question for anyone that can answer. Can i just go to abookstore (barnsnoble , Joseph Beth) and buy this hoke book. That way i have in hand.

No. There are links on the forum for a place to buy it online for under $60

Jim

goldfor2 said:
Follow this link

Page down, looking for a book titled Refining Precious Metal Wastes ($54.75) Books are in alphabetical order.

Harold

Just like to say hi to everyone here, I am very much a newbie and am looking forward to doing allot of reading and setting up my first gold recovery program, lots of info here and a very good site very glad I found it. thanks in advanced to everyone here

Grizz72 :lol: 8) :p 8)

Welcome to the forum Grizz! Everything you need to know to recover and refine precious metals can be found here on the forum. It takes a lot of study but it's incredibly rewarding!

First, be safe in everything you do. Before you jump into any of the processes you see discussed here, be sure you understand the potential hazards and do everything you can to minimize the risks. Read EVERYTHING in the Safety section of the forum, especially the Dealing with Waste topic. No amount of precious metal is worth jeopardizing your health or the health of those around you.

All new members should follow the Guided Tour created by LazerSteve. It will provide an introduction to the forum and numerous valuable links including the General Reactions List. Be sure to follow the link to his web site as he has many outstanding videos, a collection of great reference documents, and he sells a lot of the supplies needed to get started including detailed instructional DVDs. Samuel-a also has a lot of videos, guides and tutorials at his web site Gold-N-Scrap.

Download C. M. Hoke's book. You'll find links to both screen readable and printer friendly versions in my signature line below. You'll see her book mentioned repeatedly here on the forum for good reason. It is probably the best book ever written for the beginner who wants to learn refining. It is written in layman's terms and will provide a solid foundation that will help you understand everything you read here on the forum. You'll also find a tremendous amount of information in the two Forum Handbooks compiled by aflacglobal, Forum Handbook Vol 1 and Forum Handbook Vol 2.

Once you understand the basics you can start to try some small scale experiments. If there's something you don't understand or you get stuck, there will be someone here to help you.

I wish you luck,
Dave

Thanks, I'm new member here, actually I work in cooling tower manufacturer, but cooling tower normally used to cool melting furnace, so I found this forum, and found it's quite intereting and can learn a lot. I will read all the post.

Hope it will not be treat as spam.

Thanks

Back