what do flatbacks look like?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epicnamefail

i have been parting out my motherboards and pci cards, just wondering what the PM containing flat backs look like :)

-aaron

Any chip which is flat IMHO. Some people call flatpack specifically northern and southern bridge chips which are green fiber with black plastic/ceramic cap with golden triangle in corner.

okies ive been getting the black one with legs on all four sides are they good? or useless haha nice diagram :p

Most of them have tiny gold wires inside. Where legs get connected to small silicone chip inside package. This wires are so thin they are not visible with naked eye. So yes, they do contain values however you need quantities of them. Not all of them have gold inside some do have small amounts of other precious metals. Sorting and testing will help you determine which ones are valuable.

thank you patnor will do :D im sorting the black ones now, and setting the others *video card and motherboard gold sided away for another time* seeing as though i know they have gold :)

actually, the term "flatpack" is a very general word to describe almost any surface mounted IC with 36 or more legs. the word has been around for a long time and has been passed down by word of mouth and has grown in meaning to cover many IC packages. a true flatpack is any IC package that is surface mounted with 36 or more legs.

awesome thanks for the info geo :D im still separating the black flatpacks and the ones that pretty much look like cpus though :)

Latest posts

Back