What is T-6 (sold by Goldmineworld)?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsargent

Just wondering what this outrageously priced stuff really is. It's touted as being both a leaching agent and a precipitant, depending on pH. Based on the smell and dark syrupy appearance my guess is some thiosulfate mixture... but with what else? Humic acid?
I'm just a cheap bastard disinclined to pay over $30.00 a gallon for something I can get a whole lot cheaper probably at my local pool shop or garden center.

J: I started the learning process of leaching with GMW.. Bought their test kit which involves using iodine and t-6. Learned a lot. But got carried away with my ahem, sucess and all the little test results gave me this, oh, boy little peppery stuff that I took to be gold. Just needed firing. Well, things didn't go quite as I expected. So, I called Mike at GMW and he informed me that the little specks were tin that was a part of t-6. So, draw your own conclusions. Don't get me wrong, they have a lot to offer, but if you really want to learn what is going on, pull up Harolds posts, buy Hoke and spend many, many hours reading what others have to say on this forum. Platdigger is quite informed, as is Twig/Al. Good luckl
Evo-au. Also, get on Gold Grubbin Community and Canadian Gold Prospectors forum.
P.S. It is a lot of fun, but it can also pay the bills.

Latest posts

Back