what is the simplest to use

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

which is the best chemical process for a beginner to use. i have tried aqua-regia, electro-cell, nitric acid, acid peroxide, and hydrochloric acid-bleach. have got some gold (very poor quality), in some cases none at all. anyone have a good recipe and simple if possible. same question simple method to drop gold, i have used SMB and Zink Oxide. there is so much good info. here i get lost reading it! help appreciated for huelo.

I've found that what Chemical process you use varies depending on what material your processing. Sometimes I use dilute nitric, sometimes AP. Generally speaking, If I'm getting rid of base metals, I use AP. Its somewhat slow, but very cost effective.
I suggest you get and read Hoke's book. Really, all the "refining" I did before reading Hoke and before this forum amounted to recovery, and rather sloppy recovery at that. So much wasted time and materials. I found that 99% of the "short cuts" I did, took twice and long and cost twice as much (or more) than just doing it right the first time.
Once you have a some knowledge, search the forum for the type of material you're going to process and see what others have done. Then start with small test batches to see what works and what you run into. Scale up from there to larger batches, realizing you may need to adjust things.
K

thanks for the response Kelly i feel like a secretary instead of a old chemist who tries everything. i am taking so many notes! i am now trying a combo (nitric for allotted time, muratic peroxide for allotted time and back to nitric). thanks again Kelly.

Latest posts

Back