What is this? pentium pro ? fibre cpu, big

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damezbullion

what is this? iv tried googling it, i was given it today with some ceramics i bought just dont know what it is where to find any information it, any help will be much appropriated.
thanks,
Damian

weight is 44g
DSCF1116.JPG
DSCF1117.JPG

damezbullion said:
what is this? iv tried googling it, i was given it today with some ceramics i bought just dont know what it is where to find any information it, any help will be much appropriated.
thanks,
Damian

weight is 44g
View attachment 1

take a look here
http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Pentium-II/TYPE-Pentium%20Pro.html
PPro processor with 1MB cache

Oxygene said:
damezbullion said:
thanks,
Damian

weight is 44g
View attachment 1

take a look here
http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Pentium-II/TYPE-Pentium%20Pro.html
PPro processor with 1MB cache
that's the one thank so much, also i never knew there were so many ceramic pp, i have a box of em here and they all weigh different i think u answered my second question of why they all weigh different, thank you :)

im not sure what board it id do u think i should atke it apart? its got 3 layers a alloy layer a black layer and a orange layer, pins dont look soldered should i just throw it in with the ceramics do you think?

so i took it apart and im amazed, the gold pins go all the eay through the board and it seems there joined to the top alloy peice cus as i pulled it off i can see sort of gold mushrooms where it looks its a gold solder that spread,(right picture ) alsi in the left photo id the alloy piece but trapped under that last black layer is some more of those little gold mushrooms that im trying to explain,
aslo what game out th middle looks gold on top of glass to me but the pic showed a different color, any views on this?
i also ran my scissors across some "gunk" on the silicone chips held it up to the light and it was full of tiny lilttle gold wires" boding wires right"? i cant get the chips up but will they come off in a leach do you reckon?
DSCF1118.JPG

so the piece of the cpu that had the pins in looked to be in 3 layers, so u started hacking it about, i tried lots of methods but look at the result. i also noticed in my ceramic cpu there is 2 layers, i wonder if they look the same as this?
DSCF1119.JPG
notice the 3 layers
DSCF1120.JPG
and look at that loads of gold, these are all the bonding wires obviously, looks like a pretty site im glad i took it apart before soaked it also the pins were gold plated all the way through the board and got bigger at the bottom, result :)

i dont know if it did have? but it hasnt now ;), iv a feeling it was around $40 to sell, so to me about £25 ,i got it for nothing, i have a box of ceramic pp that i can sell for £35 each but id rather process them for the experience

Latest posts

Back