What is this?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eaheisler

This has been in every filtering process I have done on gold fill batches. From nitric, to the Clorox / mutation acid &. It won't settle so I can't do a proper siphon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB
I am processing gold fill. I just rinsed all those filters out with bleach, got it warm and now letting it sit to see what happens.

It is settling in warm bleach. The color has also changed from a thick swamp mud grey to a brown almost like a melted crayon.

What steps do you follow to process your gold filled? Please be as specific as you can. The answer may be in the process.

Since you are using mutation acid, it could have mutated into almost anything. :shock:

Eaheisler said:
This has been in every filtering process I have done on gold fill batches. From nitric, to the Clorox / mutation acid &. It won't settle so I can't do a proper siphon.
What is mutated acid? I have never heard of this...What is the chemistry?
Ken

Do you guys have your badges?

Spelling_Police_avatar.jpg

This subject has been covered before. Spelling, especially when referring to chemicals, is extremely important. Sometimes only one letter off can change everything, it pays to read over your posts and correct mistakes before posting.

OK spelling lesions aside what can I do to avoid this swamp muck.
1. incinerate the items
2. nitric wash
3. filter (this is where my muck starts to show it's face
4. Clorox / "Muratic" acid wash
5. Filter (more frustating muck)
6. SMB
7. siphon

Every step that involves running a filter has this crap in it and I can't seem to get rid of the s... (this word was removed, We have standards and rules here on the forum, these rules are expected to be followed by all members who wish to be a part of this forum). The worst part is I can see shiny in it so I know it's eating some of my gold.

Edited Butcher

Eaheisler said:
OK spelling lesions aside what can I do to avoid this swamp muck.
1. incinerate the items
2. nitric wash
3. filter (this is where my muck starts to show it's face
4. Clorox / "Muratic" acid wash
5. Filter (more BETTER EDIT THIS FAST muck)
6. SMB
7. siphon

Every step that involves running a filter has this crap in it and I can't seem to get rid of the s***. The worst part is I can see shiny in it so I know it's eating some of my gold.

I will be the first to tell you the language you wrote is un-acceptable, please refrain from this. This is not appropriate.

Ken

edited to remove the quote, thanks jim for seeing that.

jeneje said:
I will be the first to tell you the language you wrote is un-acceptable, please refine from this. This is not appropriate.
Ken

Quoting his inappropriate language without censoring the offensive parts just doubles the amount of offensive words on the forum.

I hope he enjoyed his short stay here.

Jim

Eaheisler , I am offended by your behavior

1 you do not use spelling control, Since we write about chemicals this could be dangerous, If it is to much work to use correct spelling you should not be at the forum
2 you use offensive words, they do not belong here
3 This is the most important : Every single time you find a new category you will find a topic Language, it is also in your profile, and you will also see it if you would take the guided tour. Or if you read the safety category. It is made by Harold, and it is important.

so here there are 2 options, you could not be bothered to read it or you ignore it.

I don´t know if you will be banned and if, you do deserve it, if not here are some recommendations for you

1 Edit your offensive post
2 read about language on the forum and respect that
3 get a spelling control
4 apologize for you languages
5 Read more and post less

scm

To anyone who was offended by my language I'm sorry, the spell check is auto and my I phone isn't recognizing the word "Muratic" ... Frustration is exactly that and in my profession frustration expressed any way other than taking someone who f'ed up out back and beating the snot out of him is concidered good to go. I guess my 5 tours have left me a bit jaded.

That "auto correct" feature of the new phones has caused more headaches than keg beer. I don't know why they call them "smart" phones. :|

Why do you wash with hcl/bleach? I am guessing you know this dissolves gold...Right? As for the muck..... Look for posts on metastanic acid.

I wash with HCL / Clorox because that's what lavenstar's DVD told me to do. Thanks for the tip on what to search for.

Latest posts

Back