What is this?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i can try to help. it seems you are really trying. slow down, the gold is not going anywhere fast. you almost got the process right. when you incinerate, start your wash with the least corrosive and work your way up. water rinse in boiling water to remove any soluble salts. hcl wash in boiling hcl will remove any tin or other oxides (mostly). follow with another water rinse and the material may be clean enough to work with. are you testing the prior washes with stannous chloride?

My HP Touchpad change words all the time but I go and change them back what I want. I'm not a good speller that why it 's not turn off. My 2 cents.

Jack

Eaheisler,
I edited the post above to remove an offensive word, I did not notice until reading further replies that your post had already was edited to remove offensive content, this is unacceptable, if you cannot control your language you will not be welcome here simple as that.

I am glad your post was edited before I had a chance to read it, this gives you a chance to remain a member here, but you have put yourself on notice, so my suggestion is do not push your luck, I will not edit another post of foul language from you, without the banning button included in that edit.

Read and study this is how we learn.

Here is a topic I suggest you begin with:

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=14035

You have a great opportunity to learn a valuable skill here, it is not easy to learn, it can take years of study and hard work, If you wish to be a part of this group the first thing you will need is to be able to follow the rules.

I hope to see you become one of our fine members, please do not mess this up, think before you post.

Eaheisler said:
I wash with HCL / Clorox because that's what lavenstar's DVD told me to do. Thanks for the tip on what to search for.

"Lavenstar"? Did you mean Lazersteve?

I have Lazersteve's DVD on Processing Gold Filled Scrap. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see on that DVD anywhere, that Steve says to use HCL/NaClO to wash anything with. On Step #3 "Recovery" @ 8:23, Steve tells us to use Hydrochloric/Clorox to "dissolve" the gold. Straight Hydrochloric is used for the washes. He also uses Distilled Water for some of the washes.

Once again I apologize for my language and, not rereading my posts to correct anything that may changed from my auto correct. I thank you for not banning me and, will watch my language going forward.

Latest posts

Back