what to do with this material

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamiebridges

i have a bunch of mixed pins and other items my friend gave to me and i do not know how to process them i am used to the acid peroxide method used to etch off metals from ram sticks or other items like it but am not familiar with how to go about removing any base metals that might be in these pins as well as this bar he bought on ebay i ran a couple small test batches with auqua regia and nitric the nitric left a white slime or a white precipitant which im guessing is either tin or lead can anyone help me in resolving this matter. id greatly appreciate your time he gave me alot of other things which i also dont know what to do with and if someone is here in san jose and can help me i would gladly split the recovered product with you.

Attachments

• 20160624_204840.jpg
    20160624_204840.jpg
    1.1 MB
To try to process it with acids is a painful, time consuming and expensive experience. Sulfuric cell for pins will be better choice and ebay bar is most likely brass with trace amount of gold if any at all. That bar you can use to cement material from stock pot. There is not much to be split really, if you think about Nitric and AR recovery then it most likely cost more than it can be recovered.

Latest posts

Back