What would you do?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JTroyner

Hi forum,

I have a hypothetical question for everyone:

You have 5lbs. of memory sticks that are stripped of all components (chips, capacitors, etc.) after a soak in HCl. Being there's more than one way to skin a cat, how would you go about processing this material in the most efficient, cost effective, best yield, or quickest way?

I'm new to this, so I'm sticking with AP until I feel I'm fluent in the process, but I'm curious if some of the veterans would do things differently.

Cheers,
Joe

the finger's would be processed in acid peroxide seperate from the memory chips, yes inceneration of chips and removal of base metals in acid peroxide.

Hno3 can also be used in either process above but it cost more, and is harder to get for most of us.

After base metals are removed HCl/NaOCl (bleach), is a good method to put values into solution like gold and some of the PGM's, it is much easier to deal with (oxidizer is much easier to remove than Aqua regia (it could also be used, but is more difficult to remove oxidizer, and more costly).

Latest posts

Back