Who would have thought?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harold_V said:
(snip)
We're going to get our share of nut cases or trouble makers.
Harold
Hey !!!
I resemble that remark. :shock:

Anyway, I made the first bid on the necklace\cross and in no way feel slighted by this thread, but instead insulted that the winner basically stole my chance to purchase that item by out-bidding me then failing to pay as implied by the bidders contract.

Any person that partakes in that type of activity needs to be publicly flogged and called out as the lowlife their actions prove they are where ever they are to be found. People have the right to know who abuses others in any way. How else will people know who the abusers are if we are not allowed to speak of them publicly.

(ie... I was ready to send Barrenrealms (?) a large donation to help him in his bad fortune. (sick wife and son) That is until people started talking about how this was not a one time event and he had actually screwed over several members, over a year or so.
I wouldn't have known that if it were not talked about here in an open forum.

Scott,
Even though I understand what you are saying and agree with the better part of it, I also feel it is not your place to admonish the OP for doing something if you are not part of the situation, like I am.
I want to know who these people are so I will Never have a financial transaction with them here or on fleebay.

Just my 2 cents worth, after taxes.

I received a second chance offer this morning on the necklace and accepted it. (Thanks for the offer everydayisalesson).
Paid for it within minutes of doing so, like everyone should do when they purchase anything on these auction sites, since their is no financial benefit gained buy waiting to pay for your purchases.

everydayisalesson said:
So Jeff Fuller contacted me and stated he has been in the hospital. I told him that I hoped he was feeling better.

Mike

Yeah well one never "truly" knows I guess, no matter what our suspicions are. We tend to want to believe people but sometimes I feel like Charlie Brown about to attempt kicking that football (and be duped yet again). Back in the early 2000's when I was selling regularly on Ebay I'd often get one excuse or another for why someone hadn't replied to any emails or paid yet. Being sick or in the hospital was a frequent excuse, just as often they'd blame it on their computer being down. Of course back then I could easily find on Ebay where they'd made bids or paid for items in other auctions during the time I was trying in vain to get a reply from them.

Just an a quick note of caution for anybody wanting to wash their Ebay dirty laundry here. Publishing Ebay user names in association with their real-life names (or any other of their private information) would be a violation of Ebay's User Agreement, and could subject the violator to various punishments by Ebay ... possibly even permanent suspension from the site.

I realize this hasn't exactly happened here, but it has come very, very close.

Just thought a "Heads Up" was called for.

knujiv1 said:
Just an a quick note of caution for anybody wanting to wash their Ebay dirty laundry here. Publishing Ebay user names in association with their real-life names (or any other of their private information) would be a violation of Ebay's User Agreement
You serious?

If eBay won't do their own laundy, someone has to. Way, way too many scammers there to let anonymity stand. At this point, I have a 66% "won but the seller flaked" success rate there - And I pay within 5 minutes of the auction ending, yet had three of four actively refund my payment - You can haz "reserve bid", morons???. I could care less if they suspend my account. Anything I actually win, I don't get anyway, so... They can ban me if they want.

Nothing but a wretched hive of scum and villainy in the first place.

when i deal with Ebay, its normally something small and inexpensive but i do always find items that have a "buy it now" option. ive only ever bid on two items and didn't win either. if it doesn't have a buy out price, i normally skip over it.

I'm currently at 4000+ feedback and 99.6% positive on eBay. I list mostly fixed price listings and require immediate payment via PayPal due to the number of non-paying bidders I encountered.

If you can pick the number you'd like to get for your item and skip the auction process you might find it a desirable way to avoid those who don't seem to want to honor their commitment.

eBay does refund your fees when you file a non-paying bidder claim but it's a hassle I don't have time to bother with.

It has its faults but eBay has become a substantial part of my livelihood. You simply have to find ways to insulate yourself from the riff-raff.

I am just chiming in here to agree with you mike, i am at th same level as you are. i have only experience about 1 non-paying bidder per 200 items over the last 15 years. its not hard to make ebay work. people selling items at retail stores have more problematic transactions than that. I have met many forum members through the things they sell on ebay. It is true that some peope are not cut out for online business. too difficult when not in person I guess.

Latest posts

Back