Why no reaction to sulfamic or SMB

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, I am sorry, yes Fe is iron and the reason I roast at 600 C for 10 or 20 minutes is to turn the sulfides to oxides. There is pyrite in this ore that is magnitized after the process.I was told around 34 ppm (parts per million) is 1 opt (ounce per ton) and the percentage of AU (gold) in the sample was around 2 opt and it was after a roasting I am not understanding, I think I am ow my own now yggdrasil said nobody does what I am trying to do and I should go to the hospital because I am going to kill myself. Thanks for th help.
Get a proper assay.
Then you will know if the high Arsenic content is true or an artefact of the XRF.
In light of being one of the most toxic elements we can encounter in ores and you have dissolved it making it even more potent.
I would have checked with the doctor in any case.
1 part per million means just that.
1 gram per million gram or one pound per million pounds.
So 34 is slightly over 1 Ozt per 1000Kg

Hello buddy, 34,286 is the exact ppm (parts per million) for 1 opt (ounce per tonne) I know this because its the important one to me, the As (arsenic) at 225 and Pb (lead) at 365 from the XRF is less than 1% in this machine's settings. we use PbO (litharge) to do fire assays at the mine, we have a fume hood, gloves and mask, I do understand the safty issues. I haven't studied up on sodium cyanide, I know I can buy it, but the concentrations and process's I don't see or know or see anyone useing here or on U-Tube, so I can start all over after a couple years of this process. The big open pit leaching going on up the hill starts with 1/2 opt dirt and do all kinds of stuff double roasting ovens with and without oxygen, gravity floatation with different chemicals to bubble and sink, shaker tables and eventually all that concentrate goes to Nevada for smelting. The mine I work at we blast and haul out the ore, goes through a crusher, then a 1/4 in. screen, and through a cone crusher and out all through conveyor belts. The only stuff that goes through the 3 mills, and 2 shakers 12 ft long is the 1/4 in. and smaller stuff that falls through the screen. We don't have time to process anything larger than that. No leaching or roasting, and the EPA in CO. wont allow smelting here, so I don't know how to use it.

Hello buddy, 34,286 is the exact ppm (parts per million) for 1 opt (ounce per tonne) I know this because its the important one to me, the As (arsenic) at 225 and Pb (lead) at 365 from the XRF is less than 1% in this machine's settings. we use PbO (litharge) to do fire assays at the mine, we have a fume hood, gloves and mask, I do understand the safty issues. I haven't studied up on sodium cyanide, I know I can buy it, but the concentrations and process's I don't see or know or see anyone useing here or on U-Tube, so I can start all over after a couple years of this process. The big open pit leaching going on up the hill starts with 1/2 opt dirt and do all kinds of stuff double roasting ovens with and without oxygen, gravity floatation with different chemicals to bubble and sink, shaker tables and eventually all that concentrate goes to Nevada for smelting. The mine I work at we blast and haul out the ore, goes through a crusher, then a 1/4 in. screen, and through a cone crusher and out all through conveyor belts. The only stuff that goes through the 3 mills, and 2 shakers 12 ft long is the 1/4 in. and smaller stuff that falls through the screen. We don't have time to process anything larger than that. No leaching or roasting, and the EPA in CO. wont allow smelting here, so I don't know how to use it.
Well the Gold will not kill you, the As may.
I really do not know how to mediate Arsenic in ores.

I'm not much for imperial measurement and as you see, I used metric.
1000Kg in a tonne and 1000g in a Kg and 1ppm is 1 g per tonne.
One OzT is 31.2 g, 32.1 ppm is then one OzT per tonne.
If your number on the note is correct,
there are 27/11 parts (2.45) of Gold and 225 parts Arsenic which is almost 100 times more.

There is nothing that says 34,286 on your note and that would be 34.2 Kg of Gold per metric tonne.
Unless it is (parts per mil) which is parts per thousand.

Well the Gold will not kill you, the As may.
I really do not know how to mediate Arsenic in ores.

I'm not much for imperial measurement and as you see, I used metric.
1000Kg in a tonne and 1000g in a Kg and 1ppm is 1 g per tonne.
One OzT is 31.2 g, 32.1 ppm is then one OzT per tonne.
If your number on the note is correct,
there are 27/11 parts (2.45) of Gold and 225 parts Arsenic which is almost 100 times more.

There is nothing that says 34,286 on your note and that would be 34.2 Kg of Gold per metric tonne.
Unless it is (parts per mil) which is parts per thousand.
Ok my friend, I am still learning, I believe the numbers should have decimals and the Ar should be .225, it's not my machine and they have the perimeters set for what the want. It is used in the tunnels and on samples. Thanks for your help and I will look into other options, I think there is even an alternative to the sodium cyanide.

Ok my friend, I am still learning, I believe the numbers should have decimals and the Ar should be .225, it's not my machine and they have the perimeters set for what the want. It is used in the tunnels and on samples. Thanks for your help and I will look into other options, I think there is even an alternative to the sodium cyanide.
Ferro/Ferri cyanides are often used as there are less restrictions.
Still the Arsenic may or may not play nice with them.
Cyanides by them selves are quite toxic and should not be used without proper safety protocols.
If they do not allow smelting it is highly likely they do not allow Cyanides either.

Latest posts

Back