Will A Melting Furnace Melt Mud

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stalkerdenx

hi all

im looking for some advice before i buy a melting furnace to try and melt down the collected mud precipitated from acid
im in england and its not a easy to get hold of a oxy acetylene torch as its seems to over there so looking at other options

iv found this on ebay and was wondering if it would be suitable to do the job,
take a look at the link please and let me know what you think or even if you have a better idea please feel free to help

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/R9-MINI-4-OZ-124-G-MELTING-FURNACE-UK-USA-EU-AU-SMALL-QUANTITY-GOLD-SILVER-/230685807492?pt=UK_Crafts_JewelleryMaking_GL&hash=item35b5f21384#ht_1003wt_1185

i am a noob, even though iv been looking at the site and vid's for a few months now while i collected finger's and cpu's,
the forum has so much info and the vid's are great, iv found out so much here thanks for all your hard work

thanks in advance from any help i just dont want to watse money on something that's not going to work

den

It's a little slow,and aweful small,for the money..........For that price you could build your own with a tempurature controller,thermocouple,and some insulating brick.

hi mic

thanks for your reply,
is there a guide on how to construct my own furnace with a tempurature controller,thermocouple,and some insulating brick,
within the forum you could point me to, never built one before and could good with a good guide or video to show how its done properly

thanks again for your help

Unfortunately building a kiln,is a subject that we have not discussed in depth on this forum.I built my last one out of a broken kiln.I bought it for $50(US),and used the control boxes and insulating bricks.I found the information for the heating element online,and bought several on ebay.The insulating brick is able to be cut very easily.It only took about an hour to assemble it the way I wanted.And it worked like a dream.The nice thing is,that you can make it any size you would like.
I am also a member of http://www.backyardmetalcasting.com/ .We discuss almost every aspect of furnace designs and assemblies.

Latest posts

Back