without removing base metals

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AurumShine

I use aqua regia (HCL,HNO3) for dissolve (Blended flat pack ,IC) fibre cpus,card figure ,cell phone print board ,pins with out removing base metals in AP and nitric acid that method is good or bad

my second question is that I use this method any metal or ceramic
precipitate the gold in 1st step same as silver and copper in nitric acid when we put the silver and copper together in nitric acid copper precipitate the silver.

aurumshin said:
I use aqua regia (HCL,HNO3) for dissolve (Blended flat pack ,IC) fibre cpus,card figure ,cell phone print board ,pins with out removing base metals in AP and nitric acid that method is good or bad javascript:emoticon(':?:')

There's no question that dissolving directly in AR works-----but it has a couple negative attributes. One of them is that you risk losing some of the values by cementation, assuming the acid is exhausted before everything is dissolved. The other negative is that the solution is heavily contaminated with unwanted elements, which, due to drag down, report in the gold. No amount of washing will eliminate them totally, so the quality of your gold suffers.

Because you will consume the acid in either case, there is no real advantage in not removing the base metals before dissolving the values.

Direct dissolution in AR is an excellent way to recover values from non-metallic substances, assuming they are not able to absorb the solution. That can be a serious loss, depending on the nature of the material.

Harold

Back